When do you fill up?

MarMill

Be Positive!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Grint 8.10
I usually fill the gas tank around 1/4. My wife will drive it down as far as it goes and then says, "Will go get gas" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Minutes ago it was at 20 miles to go.

Usually right around 1/4 tank.

I try not to let it go below 1/2.... Ford F150 with a 36 gallon tank is a b*tch to fill up empty.

Under 1/4 tank I start planning to stop

Between fumes and 1/4 depending. It's a hybrid, we can limp on electric for a bit, don't drive much now that we work from home. Rarely go further than 5-10 miles one way so we don't really have to worry about it too much. Longer trips I'll dedicate more energy to planning it.

When I get near empty around town

If I'm on a trip etc I fill up before 1/4 tank

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I know I have 29 miles of gas when the idiot light comes on.

Depends on when the light comes on :) If it comes on on the way to work I will fill up that day at lunch. If it comes on on the way home from work, I'll wait until lunch the next day to fill up. Gotta love having one of the huge ass Buc-ees 3 miles from where I work!

I'm usually an every 2 week regardless kind of guy during the winter months when my driving is to and from work. Spring/Summer when we throw in golf courses it's once a week.

I feel like we get a lot of these threads about gas.

I'm 1/2 tank or so at least.

I usually fill the gas tank around 1/4. My wife will drive it down as far as it goes and then says, "Will go get gas" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I prefer to fillerup around 80 miles

Once the low fuel light comes on. We are in an area where it could be 5-10 miles between gas stations and no way I’m running out. Maybe I should refill before the light comes on?!?!?

Usually as close to the light coming on as possible.

75 miles left and I'm filling up

Depends upon where I am when the tank gets low. Try to fill up before the light comes on if possible.

How many times are we going to discuss this?

I'm sorry but your wife is correct on this one.. there's a gauge there for a reason, to minimize anxiety of getting stranded with a 1/4 tank left still

Usually just fill it up every time I go to Sam’s Club. I don’t use much so stopping while I’m there keeps me full and at the cheapest price I can get.

It depends where I am... am I close to a gas station? I'll wait til 1/4 tank or lower. If I'm out of civilization? I'll fill up at 3/4 tank if there's a long way between gas stations.

My personal diesel f350 don’t go much below a 1/4. My company has 1/2 ton often is below 20 miles to empty.

Try to fill up once I get to around 1/4 tank, but it depends when I can work it in while I'm in the office since I try to go to Costco which is near my work.

It depends, just to and from work/the course, when it gets to 1/2 because that's about once a week.

On a trip I start looking when it hits 1/4.

Back