When do you fill up?

Under a half. With 32 gallons in the tank, it hurts to fill up when on Empty

I don't go below a 1/4 tank before filling up. I drive very few miles, and fueling up is relatively rare. I sometimes top off the tank just so I can access the jelly belly station at my favorite corner gas station. (y)

It really kind of depends. If I am bouncing around town with no plans to go anywhere I will let it run down and fill up when I am out near a gas station. On trips I start thinking about it with less than 100 miles to empty. If I know the route I will let it run down pretty low. If I don't I will stop sooner.

Normal circumstances, Anywhere between 1/2 and 1/4 remaining.

Under 80 miles to go. I know this will sound dumb but pumping gas going to work doesn’t bother me. Pumping gas on the way home from work hurts my soul.

Things may have changed over the years, but I've always heard that to ease strain on the fuel pump and to keep sludge (do we have sludge anymore?), one should fill up at around a quarter of the tank.

Just under 1/4 I start the process

Start the process? What are you? The Philadephia 76ers of fuel purchasing?

I fill up around half a tank. Keeps condensation out of the fuel tank.

Under an 1/8th.

usually around 1/4 but I have been known to run out of gas A long time ago.

I never get below 1/4 of a tank. It was something my dad was always really particular about, so I think I just inherited it from him.

Edit: My wife on the other hand... I think she lives on E

I never get below 1/4 of a tank. It was something my dad was always really particular about, so I think I just inherited it from him.

Edit: My wife on the other hand... I think she lives on E
Isn't that annoying. I am waiting for the day she calls and I have to go bring gas out.

I think the key is when do we usually fill up. If I'm in a populated area with a lot of gas stations then like I posted earlier, I'll let it get to an 1/8 or under. If I'm in BFE, then I'll start looking for stations in that 1/4+ range.

Every other Monday at Costco. Benefits of driving a hybrid.

Many times due to a 6 litre W12 engine…. But it’s fun in between.

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back