When is the best time of the year to buy new clubs and get the best discounts?

bucknasty777

Reaction score
Handicap
I am looking to completely upgrade all my current clubs to the Cobra Amp Cell line. When do new golf club models usually come out? I've heard that when new models are released the previous ones get a lot cheaper. Is this true? Is there any other time in the Golf world that clubs can be gotten cheap? Thanks.

There really isn't one. The day and age of standard release schedules is over.
With that said, Cobra the last few years has announced in the fall, released in the winter and been ready for the Spring. So if you want an entire Amp Cell bag, the closer to the end of the year, the more likely you will see even more reduction of price.

There really isn't one. The day and age of standard release schedules is over.
With that said, Cobra the last few years has announced in the fall, released in the winter and been ready for the Spring. So if you want an entire Amp Cell bag, the closer to the end of the year, the more likely you will see even more reduction of price.

Yeah, Cobra has been fairly consistant. Next Spring or late Winter should be when the Amp Cell line is on the cheaper side.

I always see the best prices after the new year to early spring - around the golf show circuit times. Around that time the new line is just about hitting the street and golf show guys are all about moving inventory. Good luck!

Is there a better time than any other? If you wait until a new line is released you're saving a few bucks but not getting the newest technology. If you buy at release, you're getting the latest and greatest, but spending more to do so. I say it comes down to what fits a budget and what a player is comfortable with. I don't think there is a wrong time to buy.

If you're a Taylormade fan, all you have to do is wait a couple months for a huge price drop. They come out with new stuff every other month, so the old stuff is drastically reduced. I was in Golfsmith yesterday and they have bags filled with the R11S fairway woods for $89.

the last few years drivers have dropped a good bit late summer/early fall. The AMP Cell irons have already had a price reduction to them as well.

The first big price dropped I notice every year is just before fathers day.

Dawgdaddy will let you know when to buy.

Black Friday usually has some pretty good deals across the whole range of clubs.

~Rock

Dawgdaddy will let you know when to buy.

Agreed. Even better deals if your okay with lightly used gear.
Saw some used AMP drivers he posted for $89!
Was so tempted to pick them up just for the heck of it.

Around here October is a good time.

The closer you get to the new line up being released the more chance there is that the current gear will have dropped in price. And obviously as soon as the new line up comes out the previous one will almost certainly be cheaper. However shops will usually start to reduce their stock about 3 months before the new gear is released. So although stock will be cheaper the chance of them having the club you want reduces quite quickly.

I buy off Ebay quite a lot and it seems like prices really drop between New Year's and the end of March.

Prices here don't drop seasonally, really, because golf is pretty much year-round. Maybe a small dip around October/November time frame, and more stuff is on sale around Father's Day.

Back