When You Need to Chip

Your leave requires a good chip to get up and down. You feel...

• Excited

• Hopeful

• Apprehensive

• Prayerful

• Terrified

Results are only viewable after voting.
Color me apprehensive... it's probably going to be short. Or skulled across the green. Chipping's not the best part of my game.

Apprehensive. It used to be a strength, but through inattention, it's now a so-so proposition.
I'm also trying to make a switch from a SW to my GW for the "get the ball rolling as soon as possible" approach. I've always been a high shot chip/pitch guy, but keep seeing people say to use the low and roll approach as more effective.

All of the above.
Agreed haha. Mostly I’m Hopeful/excited but have had all of these thoughts depending on the day and upcoming chip.

So in my own experience learning the game, the thing that moved me from: terrified, prayerful, apprehensive was learning how to make solid, consistent contact when chipping. There is a lot more to that than it sounds, because there are so many different lies and conditions around the green.

Frankly, I couldn't begin to dial in my direction and distance control until that happened. I don't know how you could knowing that on any chip you might blade it, thin it, hit it on the toe side, dig with the leading edge, fat it, get an unexpected amount of grass in between the face and the ball.

Does that resonate with some of your experiences?

hopeful, in my mind i know i can perform the shot, doing it is another story, at the same time apprehensive but confident in my mind i can do it..
man all over the place with this one..

I'm hopeful, shaded toward apprehensive lately. And by lately, I mean all year.

Just lack the confidence that I once had but truthfully, that's with every facet of my game and not reserved for just chipping.

Hopeful but confident in most cases. I noticed "Sour" wasn't one of the choices, but that's how I feel with Bermuda lies more often than not...

It is a fairly common occurrence for me, and I am pretty comfortable with it, so "hopeful"

Hopeful. Scrambling is one of the best parts of my game. I had 3 one putts in yesterday's round from good chips. (one hit the pin) I put two in last week.

Back