Where do you buy your prescription glasses?

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m going back from transition lenses to prescription glasses and sunglasses, which means I’m looking at a hefty bill. Where do you buy your prescription glasses/sunglasses to get the best deal?

Usually get them from my optometrist

I’m going back from transition lenses to prescription glasses and sunglasses, which means I’m looking at a hefty bill. Where do you buy your prescription glasses/sunglasses to get the best deal?
Online. eyebuydirect.com or glassesusa.com IF you know your prescription

Optometrist. Prices are very competitive and they stand behind their glasses 100%.

All my eye glass stuff is through the VA. However they are on some sort of covid 19 schedule and heavily back logged. 1 year?

In need of distance glasses, I have been shopping around. Best out of pocket deal I have found was at the Wal-Mart eye centers. $80 for the eye test, and $60 for the glasses. This is a temporary fix for me until I get an appointment at the VA eye clinic.

Online. Clearly.ca in Canada. Great selection and good prices.

Got mom some new glasses a few years ago. Local shop had 60 day free corrections/re-build if they weren't right at least.
Went there with prescription from her eye doc.
I need to go see an eye doc and found a local optometrist. I'd just get the glasses there more than likely if needed. (Maybe readers at times?)

I have used Zenni Optical for years, Just don't get frameless. This year I decided to see if more expensive glasses really made a difference and got a pair from Costco. Zenni is just as good.

I get them from my optometrist's office. My last pair, he sent back 3 times because I couldn't see well out of them. The lab kept screwing up pupil distance and something else. The 4th pair wasn't great but was far better than the first 3. It's comforting to know that I have someone I can hand the glasses off to who'll do his best to have the issue remedied or return my money.

Glasses, Costco. I seem to like and suit diesel frames. Lenses are Costco’s own. Rated highly online and I’ve never had issues. Sunglasses ADS sportswear. Always get Oakley’s with Oakley lenses. I work in a bright environment so need quality lenses. My FSA is use it or lose it, so a chunk gets splurged on my shades at the end of the year.

Warby Parker

...Glasses, Costco...

In Canada here. I second the Costco vote. They have a fixed 10% above cost here, you can provide your own frames if you are buying their lenses, they are great for any follow-up like replacing a lost nose bridge, and have been good service for me.

Eyebuydirect.com is really good.

America’s Best. The prices are great as long as you don’t wear bifocals. I started wearing prescription eye glasses a few years ago and got bifocals. The field of vision was nowhere near what the charts said it should have been. They had to upgrade the lens’ twice but they never charged me for the upgrades.
Luxottica is an Italian company that has a near monopoly on the eyeglass business. They own most of the big chain eyeglass companies and dictate the prices that keep the margins very high. Finding someplace or a frame company NOT owned by them is the only way to save money.

I buy from my local optometrist. My eyes are Fubar. Even with heavy discounts and insurance, mine cost more than my irons plus new driver.

no shortcuts with vision.

Local place here in the town I work in. Also grabbed my Oakley Rx from them.

I'm gonna try Costco next time... I like my optometrist but holy smokes glasses are expensive there... Have some from Zenni and they're not bad for backups but the scrip was always a little off...

From my eye docs. Usually, I'd shop around, but we are so pleased with this office, I haven't even thought of looking elsewhere.

Online and from frames durect because it saved me a ton of money.

Local eyeglass shop near my house.

I get a slight price break via my employer/insurance plan but the lenses are pretty darned expensive (progressives) any way you look at it ;-)

Fortunately, I only seem to need new glasses every 5-6 years. I think last time it was in the $400-something range bottom line, discount and all.

Finally made it to Costco for an eye appointment last night. Great eye doc, though he works in the side business not for Costco.
Then my wife and I ordered 4 pairs of glasses (she got progressive lenses(really just fancy readers), I got everyday w/progressive lenses, desk/computer glasses with prog. lenses, and single lens sunglasses) for under $400!!! :love: :cool: :p Mind is blown... They should be available in 5-7 business days... I'm half waiting for the call to say they added things up wrong...

Where do you buy your prescription glasses?

Uh, the eye doc?

Im like Mr. Magoo, and am lost without my glasses. I go to LensCrafters and haven’t any complaints, to date. My eye Dr. carries a limited supply of frames, so, while I’d like to support him, it’s not always easy.

which reminds me... I’m due for an appointment very soon!!

Back