Where do you miss the green?

My miss is usually short or to the right and I would say more often it’s directional over distance.

For me it's direction. Usually short sided. Ugh it hurts to even think about.

Mostly direction, usually left. But short isn't out of the ordinary either.

Used to be forever short. My flaw was contact toward the toe and when it would so often rear its head, I was short.

Corrected that flaw and then nuked greens for most of a season before I finally learned to trust my new yardages, LOL...

Now when I come up short, it's more due to my penchant to underclub by 1/2 or so in guarding against going long.

Generally speaking for front or middle pins, I'm playing to or shading toward a front yardage. For back pins, I'm more likely to play to a middle pin yardage. HATE being long.

I'm either a short left or pin high left. I'm always saying right distance, wrong direction.

It's probably pretty even on sideways misses. I don't have any stats but I think I miss pretty evenly on either side.

My misses are usually short and left to a lesser degree.

For those who miss short is it a miss hit or wrong club?

If close to the green my short shot is usually caused by hitting a tad heavy. But from 40 yards + it's is usually a lack of feel for how had to swing . . .

I'm going to guess short, followed by right.

I think it's direction for me. What stands out in my head is a mix of short and right, or long and hooked left.

I say that because the safe spot to miss on the overwhelming majority of greens at my home club are short and directly in front of the green. I don't recall having many chips/pitches from that area.

Short, followed by a pull left. But mostly short. A redo of our greens a few years ago eliminated a lot of run-up opportunities.

My most common miss is either short or right. Rarely do I miss left or long

I tend to miss greens to the right. I only go long when I dont have an accurate yardage number. My next most common would be short.

Short and left is my usual miss.

The beauty of ShotScope:
2017:
206efb4c615f71b6702aab4fd7f5c9a8.png

2018:
065b829da18d39376f49b99b9b076558.png

Right mostly. Then short because I don't club up enough.

My primary miss would be short

Usually it's a miss hit that leaves it short or sometimes I pull the shot left.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

At the start of the year it was mostly short but with arccos knowledge I’ve changed that to predominantly left or right. Kinda nice but equally frustrating.

As a general rule, I'd say that from 160 in, I think I'd me most likely to miss left. But this question got me thinking and at my home course, I think I tend to miss differently depending on the hole--sometimes because of the trouble and sometimes because I just tend to hit bad shots to certain spots--so I tried to chart my misses as best as I can remember for the last 5-10 rounds. What I learned is that I tend to miss long with wedges more often than not, left with mid irons, and right with long irons.

Normally direction and almost always left.

My distance is good. If I hit it solid and miss it will be right. A mishit will be short.

I've worked at getting the ball farther back in my stance and that really helped with missing left.

Back