• In my garage.

Votes: 34 37.8%
  • At the club.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • In the office.

Votes: 9 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Assuming the ambient temp gets to the area you mention; your trunk gets hot enough that with prolonged exposure the composites are going to change their composition to some degree. I have baked enough composites to know, but don't trust me! Nike's Golf Product Development Manager Rock Ishii agrees.
Can you perceve a difference in your equipment? Now that's another story! :)

I agree with Fourputt on this one. Leaving your clubs in a car trunk will not harm them in any way. Like him, my clubs rarely leave the car and have been exposed to both cold an hot extremes. I have never had a clubhead fly off because the composites broke down. I have never had a grip feel dried out and useless. I change grips every year and have never had one be brittle and dry.

Furthermore, I have a few clubs that I have used for several years and even over time there has been nothing wrong. I've had my 3-wood in the bag for 15 years and it hits the same as it always has. My 2-iron is a Ping ISI and I have had that since new (10+ years?). My driver is 7-8 years old. I have had no problems with any these clubs and materials breaking down.

I live in an area where it is hot for 3 months, cold for 3 months and anywhere in the middle for the other 6. Maybe, and this is a big maybe, if you lived where it is 90º+ (or below freezing) 12 months a year and your car was left in the sun the whole time, something might happen to the clubs. I don't know of many places on the planet that are like that, and if you lived there, you probably wouldn't play golf anyway so it won't matter.

I live in the SoCal high desert, where it's 100+ almost every day of the summer. I keep my clubs in the trunk of my black car, and haven't noticed anything change. My nalgene bottle melted in my cupholder once though...:D

I live in the SoCal high desert, where it's 100+ almost every day of the summer. I keep my clubs in the trunk of my black car, and haven't noticed anything change. My nalgene bottle melted in my cupholder once though...:D

Back in the day when I sometimes smoked "recreationally" (pre 1980 if it matters), I had a butane lighter blow up in my car. It was sitting in the console tray in direct sunlight in mid July with the outside temps topping 100°. I don't think that the butane ignited, just built up too much pressure and popped the case. The metal top was on the dashboard, and there were little pieces of yellow plastic all over the inside of the car.

Still never hurt my clubs. :D

Absolutely! You would be surprised how often I have been called on to put out a customer who was on fire to play golf right that minute.
:banana:

I want your job. :worship:

Ditto. We get to do some event golf with clients, but not more than a couple of times a year.

Back in the day when I sometimes smoked "recreationally" (pre 1980 if it matters), I had a butane lighter blow up in my car. It was sitting in the console tray in direct sunlight in mid July with the outside temps topping 100°. I don't think that the butane ignited, just built up too much pressure and popped the case. The metal top was on the dashboard, and there were little pieces of yellow plastic all over the inside of the car.

Still never hurt my clubs. :D

Smoked what recreationally?

most of the time in my suv... unless im cleaning them... then they stay in the house

Is it enough to say that there was no tobacco involved? :dohanim:

Well, you brought it up! :foot-in-mouth:

(First time I've gotten to use that particular smilie.)

Back