• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thrillbilly Jim

No Diddy! No Doubt!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
I am going to need a grip installed when I swap the shaft in my BRNR Mini. I am looking at two models and would like THP's opinion on which one I should choose. Chat me up about which grip you would choose and why?

You had me until align. 😆

I like both but prefer the shaping of the low hand feel of the MCC a little bit. I don't get down with align though. Drives me nuts.

I chose MCC +4 I like them (like both actually). But I want bright colors in my grips to sort of make finding a club in the fairway or green easier - less likely to leave one behind (cart path only days).

On that, I am not an align person so if they don't come in colors I would go with whichever is easier to see.

I went with the Lamkin, but just because I haven't tried them yet and want to.

I am going to need a grip installed when I swap the shaft in my BRNR Mini. I am looking at two models and would like THP's opinion on which one I should choose. Chat me up about which grip you would choose and why?
If you can find the Calibrate, I tell you to go that route as I've had trouble finding them in Midsize.
I usually get a regular built up to a Midsize.
I have them on my irons and I really like them.
I can actually feel the rib on the bottom of the grip.

Made the switch to ST and there is zero chance I am going back.

The buzz around the Lamkin's that I read from THP drove me to make that selection for my VC clubs. I am now firmly in the- yep these are now the go to's for anything and everything I get.

Chose the MCC +4, but lose the align part. I can't get behind that. Admitting it's a personal preference though.

ST with no calibrate.

If there was an option of the Lamkin without calibrate, I'd go with the Lamkin just to try it.

Played both. Both are very solid imo. I find the MCC to be a little firmer than the ST, which is my preference.

I have never tried either, so am curious what people think too.

I like the MCC+4's alot.

Lamkin just makes a superior grip IMO. Plus I embrace taper and +2 is less than +4 last I checked.

Picked up a Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate Midsize grip for the LINQ Blue shaft.

Back