Which hybrid is better - the cobra hybrid 2019 model (Cobra KING F9 Speedback Hybrid) or the Cobra 2020 model (Cobra KING Speedzone Hybrid)?

Nice_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys,

I was thinking of buying the Cobra hybrid and wanted your opinion on which is better - the cobra hybrid 2019 model (Cobra KING F9 Speedback Hybrid) or the 2020 model (Cobra KING Speedzone Hybrid).

Thanks in advance!

Sid

Glad you posted this. I am interested in the responses on this one.

I haven't hit either so can't offer any opinion, but my advice would be to go and try both if you can as what works for one person may not work for you

Better is relative! Go get fit and try them both out; what works for one person may not for another. I got fit into a brand and set of hybrids that were from a completely different oem than the rest of my bag

I’m willing to bet not many have hit the new SZ just yet, that said, with the tech story it seems they’ve definitely addressed some things they needed to from the F9 and the hollow rails made for a significant weight savings and shift.

Id lean SZ, and I say that having written the homepage review on the F9 hybrid.

That said, is there any way you can get out and hit each somewhere?

I never tried F9. I went to a fitting last night and told him that I wasn’t interested in hybrids. We skipped it and I had a 5W picked out. He insisted I try the hybrid and I no longer have a 5W picked out. So for someone that swore off all hybrids before trying Speedzone hybrid, I am now getting at least one in the 3H.

I had similar yardage with 3H as 5W off the deck, but better launch and dispersion with hybrid. I didn’t try hybrids before because I had a tendency to hook and hit them fat.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Unfortunately the place where I am currently located, I cannot go and actually try out both of them.

I have dialled in on regular flex but other than that I will have just order and hope for the best.

I think I will be going for the 2020 model, simply because if it doesn’t work out I will get a better resale value.

Any suggestion for someone in my predicament? Is my solution optimal?

Thanks

Just adding some info to this thread. I hit the SZ hybrid (4h 21deg ) and was really really surprised. I am not a hybrid guy but I would hit this every day. It looks less like a hybrid to me and more like a rounded 7 wood.

Ball jumps off the face and for me at that loft, it hit high and long. Just as long if not longer than my Epic Flash 5w. This might be my club of choice for this year in that 220-240 range. I need to compare the numbers between the 4h ( 21 deg ) and 3h ( 19 deg ) to see which fits my gapping better and then figure out which shaft makes sense.

Have not played the 2019 or 2020 versions of the Cobra hybrids. I played the 2018 versions, specifically the #3 and #4 hybrids and really liked them. I've picked up the Cleveland Launcher Halo hybrids and they have replace the Cobra hybrids in my bag.

Just adding some info to this thread. I hit the SZ hybrid (4h 21deg ) and was really really surprised. I am not a hybrid guy but I would hit this every day. It looks less like a hybrid to me and more like a rounded 7 wood.

Ball jumps off the face and for me at that loft, it hit high and long. Just as long if not longer than my Epic Flash 5w. This might be my club of choice for this year in that 220-240 range. I need to compare the numbers between the 4h ( 21 deg ) and 3h ( 19 deg ) to see which fits my gapping better and then figure out which shaft makes sense.
Thanks for the input!

From what I have read on this forum, I will most probably go for the 2020 model only.
Any suggestion on which ismore forgiving - 4 hyrbid or 5 hybrid?
I say 5 hybrid because of the higher loft.

Thanks again guys!

Back