Which Ping Iron to get?

Architex

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The cold
I cracked the faces of my I500 irons and Ping is going to replace the whole set. The problem is they no longer make the I500 any longer. I plan to go and hit the different models and see which one I like. But looking at their website it looks like the choices are either GI shovels or blades and nothing in between. Maybe I am missing something but wonder what is close to my I500 irons since I absolutely loved them. TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the 210's are somewhat similar sizes. That's interesting that they said they don't make the i500 any longer though considering it's still up on their website. The i500's are the line that fit in-between along with the 210's, so if neither of those are being made at this time for whatever reason, it must mean they are clearing out for new inventory because I believe some newer models have either been released or are releasing soon. At that point then, I'm not sure which way to go because you're correct, those are their two mid lines.

Tough call, but I think I would try the I blade.

With the timing of this, I feel for ya. Have you talked to them about availability and upcoming releases? I might bark a little about limited options and ask what they can offer you.

I will follow up with them about the limited choices. And say I can wait a little bit if something is coming out soon.

As others have mentioned the timing on this is a bummer. The rumors have been swirling about what new stuff is coming from Ping and when but that won't help you right now. I guess I'd give the i210s a try but other than that, yeah not much available unless you wait a bit.

I210 Powerspec irons might get you close to the distance of your i500s. Ping has new stuff coming out this year so if you have another set to play and can wait it might make sense.

I'd absolutely wait for the new models coming out because they're limiting your options right now. Happenstance, not intentionally unfair, but it is still unfair to only choose from what's left.

A highly regarded, supremely priced iron that you purchased, failed through no fault of your own. They discontinued it but that's not your problem. As I see it, they owe you the choice of all their current and pending options.

The i210 gets a lot of praise. Very soft feel with the large insert in back. If you powerspec the lofts, then you will get more yardage.

They are overdue for a change to the next generation but that might not come until next year.

I'd absolutely wait for the new models coming out because they're limiting your options right now. Happenstance, not intentionally unfair, but it is still unfair to only choose from what's left.

A highly regarded, supremely priced iron that you purchased, failed through no fault of your own. They discontinued it but that's not your problem. As I see it, they owe you the choice of all their current and pending options.

Who know when the next iron comes out? Initial talk was this fall, it has already been pushed back to the spring of 22 now.

Since they can't supply, ask Ping to buy you some Honmas... ;) TR21 irons are very nice.:p

I went and hit the i210 and absolutely loved them. I have order them with the same shafts as my old irons with the power spec. Thanks for all the advice guys. Much appreciate.

Back