Who did it best!? You be the Judge

Seems to be that the TM is the people’s champion.

I can’t say I disagree too much. It is a stellar looking iron. I would love to try both and compare them. Honma clubs are just really hard to come by.
Those TR20 B's sure are. I wanted to compare them to the Rose Protos and I couldn't even find one to buy and try, other than a 3i.

Pretty solid summary. They came over to North America in full back in 2016, when they hired Adam Sheldon(preciously of Cleveland) to run operations. We did a really cool thing wit them at the time called the Countdown. After a couple of years and him making inroads, things changed and they hired Mark King as a consultant.

when we first got that news we were asked to keep it under wraps, ironically enough it was just enough time for them to feed the story elsewhere, but they apologized. 😀

From there Mark hired some of his former TM team like Kawaja that now runs it generally speaking. Moved their office and then signed Justin Rose. I don’t remember if he was #1 then, but it’s possible for sure.

Mark left for Taco Bell and Rose split. They have a new PR team and are still putting out equipment and making a run at it.

thanks for filling the gaps!

All due to the Honma logo on the end....vote is for clean lines of TM

TaylorMade for me. But only cause I feel the placement of the Honma logo is odd... also, they need to completely bead blast the Honma club head.

Considering the shaming prevalent in the golf industry I am surprised any company/brand continues to offer muscle back irons.

Taylormade all the way .....from the finish, shape, markings’ location and shape, just a cleaner looking muscle back. Well done TM.

Justin Rose could hit either one and probably not know the difference.

It's not close aesthetically IMO. I'm sure they'd play similarly but the TaylorMade looks significantly better.

The TM club looks way better to me. Honma clubs always look like cheap knock offs to me, and these irons are no exception.

Back