Who Did It Better: Washington Nationals or Walgreens?

As a person whose last name begins with the letter W, I appreciate a nicely fonted W.

In saying that, I prefer Walgreens. A bit more spaced out, and it doesn't seem cramped/smushed.

Nationals looks like they took Walgreens, edited it in MS Paint, and resized it manually, instead of to scale lol.

It's not a perfect match, but it's damn close.
It is I agree but It’s the details that differentiates them no matter how minute 🤣

I like the nationals better the slight angle makes it feel fancy and I’m a fancy guy.

Wow are those similar! I agree with @JB though - The Nationals red is better.

When did the Walgreens W appear?
In 1951, Walgreens introduced a precursor to their current logo that shows Walgreens in a cursive script, featuring the now-familiar capital W.

What about the Nationals logo?
There is an argument here to say that the current Nationals logo is no more than about 15 years old. In 2005, the Montreal Expos moved to Washington and the Nationals were born, or perhaps re-born. The team was named after the original Washington Senators baseball team, which had been nicknamed the Nationals. The Senators left Washington in 1971, moving to Minnesota to become the Twins.

As a tribute to the original team, the new Washington Nationals adopted the stylized W logo used by the former Senators. That logo had been in use since 1963.

Why do I see the one on the left as reading 7 E L

The Nationals is better, but not by much

As a Nat fan...I feel qualified to opine on this. We call the Nationals W...the "curly W"....for whatever the hell that means. There are nearly 9000 Walgreens stores across the country and they claim to be within 5 miles of 78% of all Americans. Meanwhile...the Nationals are a mere 22.5 games out of first and on track to lose 100 games again. Sigh...the days of Scherzer and Strasburg dealing in the Nations capital and Howie Kendrick walking it off are long gone. In either case...Walgreens is your better bet these days for just about anything. You can probably buy some old cards there from the 2019 WS Champs....:cry:

I like the right one more

Back