Who is at fault? Scottie or Beau?

• Scottie

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Beau

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Scottie thought he was the only player with a Titleist 3, so he saw that and did not look for the marking. If the ball was resting on the marking, he would have to look hard to find it. He would only have done that if Hossler told him he had changed to a 3.

50/50.

Scottie thought he was the only player with a Titleist 3, so he saw that and did not look for the marking. If the ball was resting on the marking, he would have to look hard to find it. He would only have done that if Hossler told him he had changed to a 3.

50/50.
A pro should know better, though. It doesn't surprise me when some hack on my local course has no idea what ball he's playing and/or doesn't mark his balls, but that's not a mistake I'd expect a pro to make. Seeing as how probably 60-70% of Tour golfers play some variation of the ProV1, it's a pretty reasonable assumption that you may not be the only one with a Titleist 3 in play.

Since pros have access to all the Tour sauce, I'm surprised most of them don't play balls with custom numbers anyways. Odds are a lot better that nobody else in your group on any given day is playing a Titleist 62. They can swap balls all they want to, they're not going to have a 62 in their bag.

A pro should know better, though. It doesn't surprise me when some hack on my local course has no idea what ball he's playing and/or doesn't mark his balls, but that's not a mistake I'd expect a pro to make. Seeing as how probably 60-70% of Tour golfers play some variation of the ProV1, it's a pretty reasonable assumption that you may not be the only one with a Titleist 3 in play.

Since pros have access to all the Tour sauce, I'm surprised most of them don't play balls with custom numbers anyways. Odds are a lot better that nobody else in your group on any given day is playing a Titleist 62. They can swap balls all they want to, they're not going to have a 62 in their bag.
54 would be a good number, I mean who doesn’t like LIV :ROFLMAO:

Scottie and Beau were in college at the time the incident happened. So, it is more reasonable it can happen at that level. I have been around Division 1 college golf enough to know that stuff happens. Even though Division 1 golfers are phenomenal golfers, they are young and make mistakes.

Scottie and Beau were in college at the time the incident happened. So, it is more reasonable it can happen at that level. I have been around Division 1 college golf enough to know that stuff happens. Even though Division 1 golfers are phenomenal golfers, they are young and make mistakes.
Point taken, I read the article but forgot that it happened in their college years.

I like Scottie but it’s on the player to identify the ball.

Plenty of blame to go around. I have it at 60/40 Scotty. Ultimately he is the one who hit the wrong ball. In most college tournaments it is probably safe to play an unmarked ball with your team’s logo on it because you are the only one in your group with that ball. Grouped with a teammate playing the same ball they both needed to be paying attention.

Back