Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

CrashTestDummy

Reaction score
Handicap
4-ish
Scottie hit the wrong ball. It’s on him.

I think I'll end up being in the minority on this one, but when I heard this story my first thought was that I don't blame Scottie for losing it over this.

Even though it's ultimately up to Scottie to play his own ball and it's clear he should be the one to get penalized, I think it's a slimy move from Hossler - especially if he still thinks he did nothing wrong.

I think I'll end up being in the minority on this one, but when I heard this story my first thought was that I don't blame Scottie for losing it over this.

Even though it's ultimately up to Scottie to play his own ball, it's a slimy move from Hossler - especially if he still thinks he did nothing wrong.
Please explain what Beau did wrong. It’s up to you as the player to identify and play the correct ball.

Look, that's water under that bridge.

It's Beau's fault because he's not as good as Scottie at golf.

Please explain what Beau did wrong. It’s up to you as the player to identify and play the correct ball.
Common courtesy to let your playing partners know what ball you're playing. Obviously, his coach felt similarly too.

Common courtesy to let your playing partners know what ball you're playing. Obviously, his coach felt similarly too.
Disagree. Why didn’t Scottie let his playing competitors know what ball he was playing?

I mean Scottie hit the wrong ball so kind of on him I would say.

Disagree. Why didn’t Scottie let his playing competitors know what ball he was playing?
Why do you think he didn't?

Scottie thought he was the only one playing a titleist-1 (or whatever number it was), and just hit a titleist-1 without thinking too much because he didn't know Hossler had switched balls. Hossler wasn't confused as to what ball Scottie was playing.

You said that was why Beau was at fault yet Scottie did the same thing and it’s ok?
Where do you get the idea that Scottie didn't announce what ball he was playing? Hossler knew exactly what ball Scottie was playing. Scottie was too lackadaisical about checking which ball was his but it's completely understandable why he was.

Scottie should have identified and took the guesswork out. Odd situation, usually this isn’t an issue

Where do you get the idea that Scottie didn't announce what ball he was playing? Hossler knew exactly what ball Scottie was playing. Scottie was too lackadaisical about checking which ball was his but it's completely understandable why he was.
Angry Looney Tunes GIF by Bombay Softwares

They should both be banned for life.

It was both of their fault. I am sure as teammates and knowing that they were playing the same ball, Scottie and Beau both made sure they were playing a different number when they started the round; the fact that they both knew they were playing a different number means it was discussed. I see why Scottie wanted an apology. But Scottie played the wrong ball and should have looked for his marking.

Scottie's the one who played the wrong ball, it's on him.

I've been in a very similar situation (fortunately in a casual round, not a tournament), and although I was irritated at my buddy for continuously switching balls all day and also for not marking his balls, it was ultimately my fault because I didn't check for my mark before playing the ball.

Scottie played the wrong ball faults on him.

The coach said that Beau made a mistake that cause Scottie to make a mistake and made Beau apologize to Scottie which I'm not sure was the right call. Both made a mistake which created the error, but surprised neither really checked the balls.

Kind of a similar situation happened to me last week. I hit my drive in right rough. A random guy I was paired with hit a poor shot left. He hit his second shot near my first shot in the rough. I checked my ball in the rough and hit my second shot. Instantly the guy said "hey, did you hit my ball?" I said "no, you ball is there" and I pointed 20 yards ahead. It wasn't confrontational, but the guy was quite "curt" when he really thought I hit his ball. 😂

The bloke who the ball is in the wrong …..
It like when you count your strokes your responsible …

Take ownership of your mistake , that would be Scott S. it isn’t life altering , move on …

As for the coach ,, making him apologise ? The coach should be nuetral

The detour diatribe , “ oooh we are
Competitive and good player or very good players etc “ blah blah blah

This is a Xmas stocking filler story

Both players made mistakes IMO

Both guys made mistakes - but Scheff hit the ball, so it’s really on him.

Whenever I walk up to a ball and look at it I’m confirming if it’s mine, not who else it belongs to. Scheffler is in the wrong.

Ultimately, it is Scottie's fault, but Beau's actions on two fronts led to it. Both share a degree of the blame.

Back