Walked off the ninth today with 18 points (2 over) just made an awesome birdie, feeling great.

Then had 2 triples and 3 doubles on back back nine ... for 10 points.

Why does this game just kill us ???

It's like someone just throws a switch.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what it says about me as a person but I think this mentality is what keeps me coming back! I could go an entire round and hit 2 or 3 great clean iron shots and lip out a put and I'm having a conversation about playing another 18! The great game is so so hard but when you figure it out...It's the greatest feeling on earth!

Sometimes golf is like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer - because it feels good when you stop...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My wife think Golf is the most stupid game.
She can’t believe 300yds drive and 1ft putt counts same. She said what’s more difficult? 300yds drive or 1ft putt. 300yds drive right? Why does it count same? Stupid game!! She does have point there.
I guess that’s why we love this game. We’ll just never get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last Saturday I went 38/46-84. I knew front 9 was solid and contemplated not adding it up. There was a wait on 10 tee and couldn't resist, fatal mistake. Dropkicked my tee ball on 10 and got in my own head. Idiot.

My wife think Golf is the most stupid game.
She can’t believe 300yds drive and 1ft putt counts same. She said what’s more difficult? 300yds drive or 1ft putt. 300yds drive right? Why does it count same? Stupid game!! She does have point there.
I guess that’s why we love this game. We’ll just never get it.

She’s been reading Ben Hogan’s rants about the same?

She’s been reading Ben Hogan’s rants about the same?

I doubt it. Probably she joined “Anti Golf Wive” group at her office. That group can be pretty harsh on husbands. They deliberately plans honey do list on long holidays.

golf is hard.

Yup.

I once shot a 44/29 on a par 72 course. First nine, couldn’t score. Didn’t play exceptionally bad but failed to get up and down, if I hit a green I three putted, etc etc.

Second nine I couldn’t do anything wrong. Every scoring hole was downwind and made 2 eagles. Every hard hole was upwind and hit long irons into a brisk wind to make par.

Last year went 30/36 for 18. Triple bogeyed a stupid 380 yard par 4 on 18. Par would have been the course record. Could have hit 7i 2x and made par 90% of the time. Opted for driver and promptly pushed it OB right.

I also had 2 triple digit scores last year. One I earned. Didn’t make a single par. Forgot how to do everything. Hell, I don’t think I hit 1 FW or 1 green. The other was on a course with rediculous greens. With the undulations they have it’s designed to have sensible pin placements and roll about 8-9. It had moronic pin placements and was rolling about a 12. Played it this year again already and struck the ball really well. It was still rolling 12ish and had freshly punched greens. It was like playing plinko. Shot an 89, chipped in 2x, lipped out another and still had well north of 40 putts. I probably won’t be back. I love that course but someone needs to be a little smart about the greens. Even a few years ago, it was tough but fair. Whoever is cutting the holes there needs to find a new hobby. It’s not nice to be a sadist to golfers.

Last year:

Wednesday Practice round - 95
Saturday Club Championship - 119
Sunday casual round - 92
This looks a lot like my scores

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I love some of the front and back nine comparisons. (Also the same day, or weekend rounds). It is hard, luck, and probability.
The hard part for me to understand is why fixing a flat tire feels so much better than when the wheels fall off?
There seems to always be light at the end of the tunnel, but sometimes you have wait for sunrise.

GOLF.

Back