Will Phil win again on PGA tour

sglj3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on whether or not you think Phil will win again in a regular tour event?

I wouldn't rule it out because Phil does Phil things...but I would say it's unlikely.

Yes. He will catch lightning in the bottle for one last victory at some point.

I would say 60/40 against. I think it is possible but unlikely. I feel like Phil has gotten a bit lost with the hit bombs thing and if he was focused just on his game would be more likely.

Anything is possible. If Phil gets hot in a field that isn't super top-heavy, I could see him pull out a win. I don't think he has the ability to win a major anymore, but why not pull out a PGA smaller event.

No, he has messed up his swing trying to "Hit Bombs" he is ranked 211 in Strokes gained off the tee and 140 in strokes gained approach. He is also 162 in strokes gained putting. We all get shakier hands as we age and his putting stroke has a big arc and requires very steady hands. I just don't think at 51 years old he is going to figure it out.

I want him to win again but going with my gut and the way he has been playing I am going to say no.

Not ready to say no yet, so for now still in the yes camp.

I’m going to say no, but wouldn’t be surprised if he did.

I think he's got exactly 1 more win left in the tank. No more, no less.

Yeah... he'll probably get something figured out and make a run at one of the west coast stops or Houston...

If he gets hot in a weak field event, it's possible. But in a normal field event, no.

He can win anytime he pulls up Magnolia Lane, so maybe he gets one more Masters... So yes.

I mean we've seen Westwood get pretty close the last 2 weeks at 47 and have seen guys around Phil's age that have played really well without the distance that he has. If he can get hot one week then I can see him winning one.

It is possible but I put the probability at like 1% or less.

Food for thought: in the history of the PGA tour there have been 5 winners who were older than Phil is now.

I don't think he will win again. The field gets stronger every year and he's definitely not getting better.

Maybe, like an alternate or small field event

Nope. I don’t see him putting 4 days together even in an off-field event.

Phil is my favorite player but I just don't see him putting 4 solid rounds together for a win.

I'll say no.

Phil is my favorite of all time but he seems to be scaling back on the PGA tour a bit more than he ever has before. He'll do very well on the Champions Tour but he doesn't seem as focused on the PGA tour as much as he used to.

Food for thought: in the history of the PGA tour there have been 5 winners who were older than Phil is now.

Buzz kill...... 🤪
And wow.... didn’t know that...

Let’s see... Sam Snead would definitely be one.... Davis Love III ?
After that, I got nothin’..... Anybody?

Back