m3golfjackson

Reaction score
Handicap
Played with my mom on Mother's day and her putter desperately needs to be replaced. She plays regularly and is pretty good. Problem is she isn't willing to go out and find new clubs, but now she wants my help picking out a new putter.

I've started looking and there just aren't many women's putter options. Do women normally just buy "men's" putters or do they try to find the small marketed, slim group of women's putters that companies sell? Honestly, how much of a difference would there be between a mens and womens putter?

Just looking for any insight that anyone can provide!

My wife had a Adams putter than came with her box set had a really firm face and she was really inconsistent with it. I got her a used Yes Penny putter from 3Balls. I believe the Yes Penny putter is from another Adams box set, but it had a much more softer feel, with the Yes C-Groove to promote forward roll. Her putting improvement has been night and day since she started using it. She lags much better with it. 3balls currently has sells it for $18.

Played with my mom on Mother's day and her putter desperately needs to be replaced. She plays regularly and is pretty good. Problem is she isn't willing to go out and find new clubs, but now she wants my help picking out a new putter.

I've started looking and there just aren't many women's putter options. Do women normally just buy "men's" putters or do they try to find the small marketed, slim group of women's putters that companies sell? Honestly, how much of a difference would there be between a mens and womens putter?

Biggest difference you will see is the color options. Pink and Baby Blue vs. "Mens"

I would suggest having her pick a head shape and grip style and then go from there. If she likes pink, stick with the women's... if she doesn't care... then go with any option.

Get her a SeeMore then custom paint fill it for her. Paint filled some of the lettering on the bottom and the red dot is now pink plus added a pink grip. I did this for Terra, it looks amazing. And she absolutely loves it.

I guess I've never really noticed many women specific options and I can't imagine when it comes to putters there would need to be much of a change. Putters should be pretty universal for men and women so I wouldn't worry about about that aspect. The rest of the bag maybe, putters not a big deal. It all comes down to personal preference in that category in my opinion.

Happy to help. Offer putters for men, women, juniors and seniors. All ages play with a SeeMore as their gamer. Send us a note at info@seemore.com or give us a call at 615-435-8015 - happy to speak with you.

For putters, there's not really a women's or men's options, only height.

I third the suggestion to order a SeeMore - call the company and they'll help with height suggestions. When I switched to a SeeMore it made a HUGE difference in my game!

Good luck and let us know what you got her!

Like mentioned above. There’s no real difference between putters aside from length and weight. I’m 5’ 9” on a bad hair day and I use a 31”-32” putter. It’s all about preference. You won’t find many men using a putter that short. It’s really whatever works

Sent from HTX

Like mentioned above. There’s no real difference between putters aside from length and weight. I’m 5’ 9” on a bad hair day and I use a 31”-32” putter. It’s all about preference. You won’t find many men using a putter that short. It’s really whatever works

Sent from HTX

Oooo good point! I'm 5'2" and (flips hair over shoulder vainly) never have a bad hair day ;). I have a fairly upright stance for putting, and the length is 30.5". They added some extra weight due to the short length, I think it's 360gm but can't remember right now.

Back