Would most golfers benefit from a less skinny ball?

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
Just wondering how everyone feels about playing a ball that spins less? Why? Well, most golfers tend to hit the ball shorter, rather than longer. On approach shots, the ball would release more and might end up closer to the hole on those occasions when they under hit their shot. Does this make sense.

In my own experience, it seems to make a lot of sense. Every time I try to play a ball that spins more, my putting stats get worse and my feeling is because I end up with longer putts.

Just wondering how everyone feels about playing a ball that spins less? Why? Well, most golfers tend to hit the ball shorter, rather than longer. On approach shots, the ball would release more and might end up closer to the hole on those occasions when they under hit their shot. Does this make sense.

In my own experience, it seems to make a lot of sense. Every time I try to play a ball that spins more, my putting stats get worse and my feeling is because I end up with longer putts.
There’s no hard and fast rule, for every golfer who is as you described, there is another who needs spin to actually get the ball into the air.

Plus, you have to remember what part of the country you play in has an effect on what you’re saying, in many areas, roll isn’t a thing.

Back