WTB: 48" Driver Shaft

jt2929

Equipment Junkie
Reaction score
Handicap
golf
I'm looking for a 48" driver shaft to play around with. Must be stiff flex, but i'm open to anything else. It's also a plus if it has a TM adapter installed.

Look on eBay for an Aldila Longwood. 45 bucks, and is a pretty good shaft. Ships at 50in and you'll be able to trim to length.

JT, you can also just grab a shaft extension. Usually have them at GS/GG for cheap. Epoxy them in and regrip, then you're good to go. They're pretty light, so I wouldn't think that they'd affect the shaft properties much if you decided to cut it back down.

JT, you can also just grab a shaft extension. Usually have them at GS/GG for cheap. Epoxy them in and regrip, then you're good to go. They're pretty light, so I wouldn't think that they'd affect the shaft properties much if you decided to cut it back down.

From what I was told when I went to add length to an iron anything over .5 inches would make it play weaker. It's better to have one cut to the length than add an extension.

From what I was told when I went to add length to an iron anything over .5 inches would make it play weaker. It's better
to have one cut to the length than add an extension.

Agreed. Just offering an alternative to ponying up for a whole new shaft.

Back