askthejak

Reaction score
Handicap
So I stopped at a driving range this morning before work. The place is bad (old shag balls with no dimples) and overpriced, but I wanted to hit a bucket. I was hitting some irons and then pulled out my beloved G10- the most reliable club in my bag. I hit one and it is good. I hit another, and what I didn't know is that there was a low hanging outdoor heater above me, and clank it on my followthrough. The driver is okay, but has a gash in it on the sole, near the toe. I went inside and complained about it, and the guy blew me off saying, oh, I've done worse, I don't know why "he" does that. I don't know who he is, I was talking to the owner. GRRR!!!!

Why would you hang a heater that low? I am not that tall- 5'11", it is ridiculous.

Yeah, we hear horror stories all the time about poor ranges like this. That sucks man. Atleast the driver is still performing okay and in the end, performance is what counts. Trying to get the guy to replace it for you will be a mind boggling experience I am sure. Skip the place from now on since that is how they treat people.

I have to ask though, the heater would have to be pretty low, did you not notice it in site or that you were even coming close with your irons? I mean we are only talking about a 6" difference or so.

Back