X Stiff shaft for driver/hybrids

bgammill

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been looking to put x-stiff shafts in my wood but they are extremely hard to find. Anyone have any suggestions?

Order online?
Get a fitting done and then you can most likely order any shaft you would like.

I've been looking to put x-stiff shafts in my wood but they are extremely hard to find. Anyone have any suggestions?
You won't see them in the stores much. They are as scarce as left handed clubs. JB has a great suggestion.

I bought my driver shaft on eBay then had it installed by a club fitter. I used USTs online fitting tool to determine which shaft fit my game the best.

http://www.ustmamiya.com/swingfit/

The original shaft I had in my Ping driver was X-flex, but it was too light for my swing. I have been more than happy with the results AXIVcore shaft.

You will have to do one of two things: order online or have your local golf shop place the order. Either way works fine, but hardly ever being able to test a shaft you want is sad :crying:

If you have a golf specialty store near you, they should have at least something for you to hit and see. If you can find a demo day, I highly suggest that. The reps that travel around will for the most part have a few X's for you to try or S+ clubs that may be comparable.

I don't like the idea of buying something without trying it off of eBay. I am a big believer in fitting, especially if you are lokoing for X-stiff as you are now in a whole new world of possibilities.

Looks like there are 3 Golf Galaxy stores in Maryland, they should have fitting carts in those stores: http://www.golfgalaxy.com/maryland_stores.aspx

Also, there is a Golftec in Bethesda. I know that's a little bit of a drive for you, but you could also do a fitting at that facility.

Back