Your 2019 Shot of The Year

My approach into #18 at Coeur Dalene on Sunday was pretty solid. Its not often you just KNOW you've stiffed it the second you hit the ball.

I hit my longest drive on course ever this year. It was dry with firm fairways and had 30 mph gusts at my back. It was roughly 340 with 3 witnesses. The only par 5 I’ve ever played where I had a short iron into the green.

No idea. Could probably pick any one of the 5 shots over the past 2 weeks that most contributed to an eagle.

Almost positive that I had never made 5 eagles in a single year before let alone a freakin' 2 week period.

Hard to pick a single shot, so I'll go with a 3 shots (with context!) from Sunday at the THP Championship.

Hole #12, a 190+ Par 3 with water wrapping around the back and left of the green, wind from the right. @ArmyGolf and I had just made a mess of #11. Overall we were still bleeding from the Front 9 beating that @MattyDMPLS and @checkered put on us, so we needed to turn it around. Opponents put a ball in the water. Curtis puts a ball in the water. I step up and put my ball a little short and left of the green, but safe. One chip, one putt, net birdie, 2-stroke swing.

Hole #16, a decent length Par 4 with an island green in a sea of rough. My drive is just OK, but under a tree. 2nd shot is disaster as the ball immediately strikes an overhanging branch and drops dead. 3rd shot is a mishit that ends up 35 yards from the pin on the hole side of a bunker that might as well have been 50 feet deep if it was 5. I don't get much bunker practice (I rarely find myself in them:greenalien:). I grab my 60 and hit without a doubt the best bunker shot of my life as the ball ends up a couple feet from the hole.

Hole #17, short Par 4. My tee shot goes left and gets hung up by a tree. I have about 70 yards to the pin, with a narrow strip of green to aim at without hitting the tree left or ending up in the rough right. Branches overhead remove the possibility of a lofted shot. I flight the ball low and it miraculously holds the green. My birdie putt hangs on the edge of the cup and drops for a net eagle! @checkered makes his net birdie putt and we go to #18 tied...

I’m still waiting for it to happen.

So far, it’s holing a 58° from about 90 yards for birdie after topping my tee shot on 170 yard par 3.

So I was thinking today about a lot of the rounds of golf I got to play and tried to pinpoint my best shot of the year and wanted to see what shot stood out the most to everyone in their rounds this year (so far).

Mine was a couple weeks ago at Bluejack National playing with @j_sizzle9 . #17 is a short par 4 that plays uphill with the green surrounded by bunkers. I crushed a tee shot with a baby fade around the slight bend to the right, carried the bunkers and ended up 2 ft from the pin for an easy eagle.

Let’s hear it THP, what was your best shot of 2019.........so far.

I remember that shot...it was seriously a great shot. Couldn’t believe it held the green after carrying that bunker.

Almost a gimme but just outside the leather of the long putter so had to make you putt it it! :ROFLMAO:

So I was thinking today about a lot of the rounds of golf I got to play and tried to pinpoint my best shot of the year and wanted to see what shot stood out the most to everyone in their rounds this year (so far).

Mine was a couple weeks ago at Bluejack National playing with @j_sizzle9 . #17 is a short par 4 that plays uphill with the green surrounded by bunkers. I crushed a tee shot with a baby fade around the slight bend to the right, carried the bunkers and ended up 2 ft from the pin for an easy eagle.

That’s all well and good, but I want to hear more about Blue Jack National ?:p

i wasn’t tight like you were, but drove the green at my home course for the first time and made the putt for ?

6442459E-DA61-472F-BBE1-1B5E67A886FD.jpeg5028ADF5-9384-4A32-B527-CABC2423EC1E.png

Playing a member/guest with a friend (I was the guest). 105 y out, playing 115, I said where do I want to put this thing - he said put it 10 feet right of the pin and it’ll feed down.

I absolutely drilled the spot he gave me, pin high 10 feet right, and it rolled down to the cup and lipped out for a tap-in birdie.

I hit several shots this year that I really loved but that one stands out since I put it right where it needed to go.

In a season full of negatives, I had two first ever's this year. One was hole-out with an 8i from 130 yards. The second was reaching the green from the tee on a par 4.

The tee shot was nice and something I likely won't do again, but it was a blind dog leg and I'm not sure what kind of luck was involved as I normally don't hit the driver as far as this shot traveled.

The hole-out was special (for me). It was a well-struck, easy swing that did exactly what I wanted - and then some. While I might make equally good shots every round, watching the ball disappear was cool. Heck, it's cool watching it happen to someone else.

There is some golf left in the season, but I'm going out on a limb :rolleyes: and declaring the hole-out as my shot of the year.

Not a ton of good shots this year, I guess my near ace at Wildcat Course with @LLIB & @KY Golfer . 226yd par 3, pull my Hogan 6i catch it flush, and stick it to 18" or so.

Attachments

• 4a3ad7394848404fb2c47bc5abbc9b9e.jpg
    4a3ad7394848404fb2c47bc5abbc9b9e.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 3
Last round at Oak Quarry a few months back I probably had the shot of the year for me. the 4th hole is a 325yd par 4, elevated teebox, split fairway and it kind of doglegs left. Or... you can take dead aim at the green and go for it. It's about 295 to carry the canyon. I hit driver to the front fringe and the ball took a huge bounce forward and smacked the pin. It came to a stop 4' away and I made the putt for an eagle.

hole_4.jpg

Not a ton of good shots this year, I guess my near ace at Wildcat Course with @LLIB & @KY Golfer . 226yd par 3, pull my Hogan 6i catch it flush, and stick it to 18" or so.
That was a good one!!

My first shot in very early August when the golf passion overwhelmed my overbooked summer priorities. I don't remember the outcome -- probably a hook into oblivion -- but it felt right and made me change my priorities to include golf. For me, that was my shot of 2019.

A few weeks ago in Kelowna, BC.
118 yards from the rough with my gap wedge.
1 small bounce and in for eagle.

Mine would have to be my tee shot on the par-3 5th at Coeur d'Alene on Saturday at the Budget Golf Championship. Hit a PW that just carried to the front of the green, which you can't see due to the giant boulder short of the green, rolled into view and hit the stick. Closest I've been to an Ace in a long time, and being at a THP event made it that much more memorable.

CDA Hole 5.jpg

I was at league on a Tuesday night. Hit a monster drive to 120 out. I was on hole 1 and pulled a pitching wedge to go to the back of the green. Caught it flush, hit the bank on the back of the green, rolled down and went in the hole! I couldn't believe it! I won a skin for that. Only person since the new ownership to record an eagle on that hole!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I remember mine well.

It was a cool spring day, was on the 9th hole and 65 yards out. I grabbed my 56* like I knew what I was doing and went for it. Hit a nice shot to the left and slightly uphill from the pin. I watched the ball land on the green and slowly roll down hill and disappeared into the cup. Easily my best shot this year, at least the one with the best story.

Mine was a tough choice , but I came up with a putt from 15 yards off the putting surface then a double breaker uphill a putt over 60 feet . The putt looked in but lipped out my playing partners were in shock. That was my first round of many memorable putts with the new flatstick

par 3, 9 iron, 177, 6 inches from my first HIO...sigh. I've dented the cup, hit the flag, left it an inch short but never a HIO

Played white tees on a course I normally play blue and on a few holes it felt like they moved the tees up a full box on the entire course. Came to a par 4 that usually plays 290-310 for me, but today was 250-260 with a tailwind. 5 wood absolutely smoked and ended up on the fringe on the back of the green. Got up and down which made it much sweeter.

Back