Your go to ball and why?

Moved to the Z Star Diamond last year and I do not have any plans in changing balls this year. This ball just performs extremely well from tee to green for me.

Currently using the Chrome soft XLS. I tried this ball out early last year and really liked how it worked for me. I also will use a CSX form time to time and plan to try the new ERC when i see them out in the stores.

Mostly Supersoft, but I'm currently playing around with Chrome Soft to see if there's any/enough benefit to my game to justify the price difference.

Srixon Q-star tour divide. Great performance all around. Distance and greenside spin. Good feel. Love the alignment. And, best priced ball in that category.

Up in the air this year- traditionally speaking I've been ERC Soft, but I am going to buy a box of just about everything and see what works best for me this year. Plan on giving just about everyone a go and see where I end up.

Was a Bridgestone guy for the longest but went to Chrome Soft last year. Wanted the triple track and found it to help.

Wilson DUO Professional. I loaded up on them last year, but they quit making them.

I might just go with the regular DUO soft or give the Triad a try if they go on sale.

Chrome soft X LS for now. Because, well Grandaddy. But I have some Bstones BSX and X balls, Titleist left dash, Titleist prov1x, Srixon zstar diamonds old and new, Some Vice balls, Z star XV divides. Evan a dozen of the Wilson staff balls.

What golf ball do you normally play? Why did you pick it? Feel free to mention alternates you use.
Bridgestone e6. It's readily available at most stores, has a decent per ball price, and plays quite well for my game. Can't ask for more than that.

Wten I see the new e9 ball available, I will give it a try. It will have to be pretty good to replace the e6.

Right now, during my rehab, I'm practicing my short game with Cut Red balls. They seem to be a pretty decent ball too. Especially for the price. Under a dollar per ball.

Any of the Chrome Soft line. As long as it has triple track. Best alignment aid there is hands down

Bridgestone e6. It's readily available at most stores, has a decent per ball price, and plays quite well for my game. Can't ask for more than that.

Wten I see the new e9 ball available, I will give it a try. It will have to be pretty good to replace the e6.

Right now, during my rehab, I'm practicing my short game with Cut Red balls. They seem to be a pretty decent ball too. Especially for the price. Under a dollar per ball.
The Cut Red balls are interesting. I don't like the feel as much as Vice Drive, but boy do I play well with them. I had three sleeves left and decided to play them to get closer to spring, and I've shot 2 even par rounds and a 3 under in the past couple of weeks or so. Love the way they react, but I have to get past the fact that they are a little harder feeling than the Vices.

Last year was primarily Bridgestone E12 Contact in Red. Why? Decently cheap, and I like playing a red ball for visibility.

This year I am going to try to play Chrome Soft the majority of the season. The one year I played with it last year was a PB, so I want to run that back. I have a bunch of different sleeves of iterations of the Chrome Soft, some Truvis, some not, and I might as well start playing the balls I have just had in a storage tub for ages.

Z Star XV because it's a great combination of driver distance and wedge spin, and I can often get the ball on sale at DTC pricing.

Tour B XS has been my go to for the last couple of years before that. I need the extra spin off the tee and I like the feel and sound of it, particularly on the green. It performs well for me.

I just picked up the Maxfli TourX and Tour to try. I may give the ProV1X and CSX another look, too.

ProV1x as it just feels so good coming off the club. I can control it better around the greens as well.

Wilson DUO Professional. I loaded up on them last year, but they quit making them.
I really enjoyed that ball and hated that it was discontinued. It had a little bit of durability issues... but, other than that, it was a good fit for me.

I've tested many of the top balls on a trackman, and i use the Vice Pro because it launches higher for me than most other balls with the same amount of spin. So i get pretty good distance as well as optimal landing conditions for greens.

Interestingly, i found a couple of the DTC balls to launch higher with irons than the big name ones overall.

ProV1x since the Titleist Experience last season. I get plenty of stopping power with irons because of the slightly higher spin and launch, and on the driver it gives me a little higher launch which helps maximize carry since I struggle with launching too low at times. Plenty of control around the greens as well. I'd ideally want something a touch softer for chipping, but that's just a sound/feel thing - the performance is excellent.

Best direct alternative for me is the TM TP5. ProV1 and TP5x are definitely solid choices also, though sometimes they launch a little low for me. Would like to try the newer Srixon Z-Star and Callaway Chrome Soft lines soon. I used to use a lot of low compression balls (Wilson Staff FG Tour / DUO Professional, for example) but spin would get too low on irons and carry distances on irons would get a little volatile for my liking since my swing speed has increased by nearly 10mph since 2 seasons ago.

CSX LS since it came out. It just seems to work for every part of my game. Very predictable and no reason to change.

Srixon Q-Star Tour was the ball last year.
This year will be QST and Grandaddy ChromeSofts

ProV1x since the Titleist Experience last season. I get plenty of stopping power with irons because of the slightly higher spin and launch, and on the driver it gives me a little higher launch which helps maximize carry since I struggle with launching too low at times. Plenty of control around the greens as well. I'd ideally want something a touch softer for chipping, but that's just a sound/feel thing - the performance is excellent.

Best direct alternative for me is the TM TP5. ProV1 and TP5x are definitely solid choices also, though sometimes they launch a little low for me. Would like to try the newer Srixon Z-Star and Callaway Chrome Soft lines soon. I used to use a lot of low compression balls (Wilson Staff FG Tour / DUO Professional, for example) but spin would get too low on irons and carry distances on irons would get a little volatile for my liking since my swing speed has increased by nearly 10mph since 2 seasons ago.

I was blown away by the TP5, longest ball i tested with irons but i was getting like a degree lower launch with most clubs, and i felt that was a bit more important than the 2-4 extra yards

ProV1x. After much testing it's as long off the tee as any ball I have tried, but it's around the green it really shines for me.

This winter I’ve been experimenting with the Callaway Supersoft. I typically like the Chrome Soft better, but don’t want to pay for it. I have been surprised by the distance I’m getting with the Supersoft... but, I’m not sure (just yet) if I like it putting. I may end up trying something totally different in the next few weeks.

This winter I’ve been experimenting with the Callaway Supersoft. I typically like the Chrome Soft better, but don’t want to pay for it. I have been surprised by the distance I’m getting with the Supersoft... but, I’m not sure (just yet) if I like it putting. I may end up trying something totally different in the next few weeks.
Putting is actually the one place I like the Supersoft better than the Chrome Soft (besides price, obviously). CS comes off the face hot for me and I've been blowing a lot of putts past the hole because of it.

Putting is actually the one place I like the Supersoft better than the Chrome Soft (besides price, obviously). CS comes off the face hot for me and I've been blowing a lot of putts past the hole because of it.
I kinda get that sensation with the Supersoft. Hmmmmm....

Back