Your insane golf habit

captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. What is something you do over and over again and expect better or different results, only to never get them?

There's one hole where we play league that is relatively short, but going off course doesn't leave good options to get to the green. I could go iron wedge with no problem, but every time I pull driver and get way off behind some stupid tree.

So I guess thinking "I didn't pay to lay up" too much is my insane habit.

The high draw off the tee. I think I know how to pull that shot off. I rarely succeed at that shape. So, might as well give it hell and go for it at the worst possible time.

I am way too fixated on the pin all the time.
I know I just need to hit the middle of the green but when I address the ball I find myself lining up straight at the pin which is cut one pace from the right rough at the bottom of a slope. I'm constantly short siding myself and making par tougher than it needs to be.

Over swinging, especially off the tee or with long irons. I know dialing it back a touch will improve accuracy but I just can't help myself.

My lack of course management at the wrong time. Take my lumps, chip it out and move on. I should know I can't make it between those two tree trunks 40 yards away.

Overswinging and not making smart plays. I just need to put myself in better positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. What is something you do over and over again and expect better or different results, only to never get them?

Not taking a full enough swing to properly get out of the sand trap. Cost me two strokes today. I hope I have finally learned my lesson.

Definitely overswinging.

Back