Your Last Chip In?

It has been a while and Arccos is showing that this has gone from a strength to an inconsistent part of my game. Time for more short game work!
Interesting. Does Arccos track how close to the pin you get with each shot, only whether the chip goes in or not, or some combination like up and downs made and missed? I'm asking as I'm trying to figure out how Arccos knows whether your chipping is a strength or a weakness and how valid is that assessment.

Last edited:
Last summer, not impressive as it just just off the green, 10 feet away from the pin. But it was still enjoyable

Just so happened to catch it on video today. It was with @Scooby45 chipper he’s letting me borrow.

Just so happened to catch it on video today. It was with @Scooby45 chipper he’s letting me borrow.

Keep that up and I feel it may be a struggle to get it back. Glad to see it working out at the moment.

Interesting. Does Arccos track how close to the pin you get with each shot, only whether the chip goes in or not, or some combination like up and downs made and missed? I'm asking to as I'm trying to figure out how Arccos knows whether your chipping is a strength or a weakness and how valid is that assessment.
It does track data regarding getting up and down while chipping. As far as distances, I think it only pulls that data if you manually mark the location of each flag on each green which I rarely do.

A few days ago at the end of a long, disastrous round where I was begging for a par and couldn't hit a putt to save my life. Chipped in for birdie from about 20' off the green (probably 45' total to the hole) from the rough with my 54*, and somehow managed to navigate a pretty decent right to left break to get to the hole. It was one of those 1-in-1000 times when the ball actually goes the way I drew it up in my head. And there was money on the line and this birdie caused a very small amount of my money to come back to me. Somehow the golf gods always seem to know when you're right on the verge of taking up a new hobby. A chip-in birdie?? Oh, well maybe I *DO* like this ridiculous game after all! :ROFLMAO:

Can't even remember my last one before today, but today I had 2. 1 was a simple little bump from an uphill tight lie that rolled early and tracked in. The other was a little chop from the short side rough which banged into the pin and dropped.

Does almost chipping in, at Ballyneal on a simulator almost count? No? I get that. :ROFLMAO:

Chipped in from around 40 feet for a birdie yesterday. First time in a long while. Felt really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today! I had a chip that needed to go down to save bogey and it did. I pulled my gap wedge and put the ball in the back of my stance. Smooth putting stroke and got the ball rolling up and it went in. @badolds had a front row seat to it

Funny this thread pops up. My last chip in was on Wed on #2 at Ballyhack for a par. My approach shot was right of the green that left me about 35 yds from the pin. The green was running away from me so had to land it just on the green, which was a blind shot, and let it trickle down to the hole. The ball landed and JB said this is going to be good. By the time I made it up the hill I watched the ball stop a revolution short on the lip then fall in a second later.

Funny this thread pops up. My last chip in was on Wed on #2 at Ballyhack for a par. My approach shot was right of the green that left me about 35 yds from the pin. The green was running away from me so had to land it just on the green, which was a blind shot, and let it trickle down to the hole. The ball landed and JB said this is going to be good. By the time I made it up the hill I watched the ball stop a revolution short on the lip then fall in a second later.
I chipped in for eagle on 8 At Ballyhack yesterday. Never a doubt.

*During Shamble using JB’s drive.

Interesting. Does Arccos track how close to the pin you get with each shot, only whether the chip goes in or not, or some combination like up and downs made and missed? I'm asking as I'm trying to figure out how Arccos knows whether your chipping is a strength or a weakness and how valid is that assessment.

It does yes. But as someone said you have to mark the pin location when you pull it out of the cup for more comprehensive data. Arccos is much more user friendly with an Apple Watch in my opinion. I couldn’t carry my phone around in my pocket. When you are on the green this automatically pops up and you just tap the button while standing over the cup. If you have 0 putts or uses of your putter it knows you chipped in ect. I’ve gotten so used to doing it it’s second nature to me now.

6801FCC0-1A4D-4C9F-BFDE-5419596F8E98.jpeg

This was my last chip in about 5 weeks ago. Just off the green. Straight up the hill with my Cleveland C. 1/3 in the air, 2 little hops and it rolled right in the cup. At my level it’s just luck but I get up and down a lot with that club. At least inside 5ft to give myself a good look.

7DF40B33-BA53-4D9C-8271-C488CE0595B5.jpeg

I chipped in for eagle on 8 At Ballyhack yesterday. Never a doubt.

*During Shamble using JB’s drive.
That ball was destined for the hole as soon as it left the club. Fun to watch that go in for the 🗡️!!!

That ball was destined for the hole as soon as it left the club. Fun to watch that go in for the 🗡!!!
It was a dagger in that match and turned it in our direction.

This weekend in 2 different league rounds I had 2 greenside hole outs on the first hole for birdies.

Saturday with the AZTHP league I pushed an easy shot from the fairway into the greenside bunker. I was cussing the entire way up to the bunker shot and then hit the bunker shot out and it just kept rolling to the hole and in. I laughed and away we go. I then was in every other bunker on the rest of the course.

On Sunday I played in my Scottsdale league and started on a short par 3 over water. I tugged the shot a little and was pin high and short sided. I did a nice little toe down chip and it just rolled into the hole. I then proceeded to nearly hole out from just off the green on the next 2 holes. I put myself on the fringe in 2 on 3 of the par 5's and all 3 of the chips scared the hole and left me with easy birdie putts which I converted all 3. I don't know why I was chipping so good on Sunday but I will take it. 5 birdies in the round and no skins. 🤷‍♂️

Chipped in Saturday for 3rd birdie on the back nine

Hit a pitch shot in from 42 yards. I was left of a par 3 and down a steep slope. I hit the shot really good, but didn't get to see it go in. I was surprised when I walked up to the green. First one in a long time.

Had 2 last year. One was 30 feet to the cup from about ten feet off the green. Actually pulled it but there was a break and the ball turned to the cup. More luck than anything.

The one that felt great was something like 50 yards and hitting low from under a tree. It bounced a couple times in front of the green and rolled to the back and into the cup. Easily the longest hole out of my life.

Back