Your Wedge Game in 2020

GraniteRoost

Flying Rocks
Albatross 2023 Club Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
New Year, New Goals, Part 3! :alien: What do you want to see out of your about your Wedge Game in 2020? More consistent 3/4 shots? Better bunker play? Master the bump-and-run chip? I love the short game, what are you looking forward to this season?

Trusting the loft. I have struggled with that ever since I started playing. I am starting to get better at it and realizing most of the guys I know that struggle with wedges have a major issue there as well. It’s improving but still needs work.

Wedge game has been fantastic lately, just want to keep it going

Complete scrap and restart. Taking a different approach to my wedge game which includes new fitted wedges with different bounces and grinds.

Really need to get better from 30 yards in. Those shots should end close to the pin more often then not in my mind. I really need to put some time in working on this.

Wedge game has been fantastic lately, just want to keep it going
This 10000% I have had a good short game and want it to stay that way. It saves me a lot of strokes. Have new MD5 wedges and those grooves are fresh.

Maintain status quo with full shots and greenside (within 20 yards of pin) shots. Even though it got a little better in 2019, still see some opportunities for improvement on partial wedge shots. Primarily marrying swing length with distance needed.

This is the only part of my game that I can say I have no problem with. Unfortunately my iron play sees me get very familiar with greenside bunkers, but I feel quite comfortable getting out of them now

I love the wedge game and really enjoy getting creative around the greens.

On full shots:
I'd like to have my dispersion on full shots improve a bit, and a tendency for a thin miss at current that I'd like to not see. I'd also like to be a touch steeper coming into the ball.

Around the green:
Bunker play is a relative weakness. I have visions of tour-pro like explosion that effortlessly roll a foot from the hole. While I usually basically get out, I have trouble judging distance in highly variable conditions across courses here.
Chipping I love and vow to spend more time simply practicing for the sheer joy of it.

I have been working really hard on my wedges the last two months with the goal of turning my most feared and anxiety inducing pitches and chips into my most comfortable. I have totally changed my wedge swing principals and so far, so good.

My goal for 2020 is to eliminate the 50 yard and in duffs that have plagued my short game since I started playing. I am getting serious about playing better golf, and mastering this distance will really get me in the right direction. My tour raw RTX4 wedges have been getting so much work, the soles aren’t event rusty anymore.

My goal is to get a closer proximity to the hole with my wedge. Part of that includes taking the lob wedge out of the bag and putting a chipper back in. I can still hit open-faced lob shots around the green with the 56 and a chipper makes delicate greenside chips pretty much automatic.

I think my wedge game will be the same or slightly improved in 2020. I wasn't unhappy with it last year as I had so many worse issues.

Still have to put in the time. There really isn't a good excuse for not working on my wedge game.

Improved greenside touch shots, lost a lot this year - need to get it back

Gonna give the Equalizers a workout this year!

Anything under a full swing lob wedge which would be everything under 95yds. Partial wedges, chips, pitches. It all sucks.

I’m going to practice my partial wedges more this year at the fantastic short game area at my club. My plan is to practice bunker and partial wedges shots up to 45 yards at least 90 minutes each week.

I want to be able to hit 1/2 and 3/4 shots and be able to control the trajectory to suit the shot I’m trying to hit.

I have been working really hard on my wedges the last two months with the goal of turning my most feared and anxiety inducing pitches and chips into my most comfortable. I have totally changed my wedge swing principals and so far, so good.

My goal for 2020 is to eliminate the 50 yard and in duffs that have plagued my short game since I started playing. I am getting serious about playing better golf, and mastering this distance will really get me in the right direction. My tour raw RTX4 wedges have been getting so much work, the soles aren’t event rusty anymore.

The short game is so much fun, you are going have a blast. I want the short-game range at Abacoa in my backyard.

Improved greenside touch shots, lost a lot this year - need to get it back

Chipping and scrambling is where it's at :cool:

Re tooling swing, mostly downswing through impact and with that 100 yds in. Couple of lessons over last 6 weeks has got me where I need to be, now just practice and get some muscle memory. Low back spasms has slowed me down though ...

The short game is so much fun, you are going have a blast. I want the short-game range at Abacoa in my backyard.

Chipping and scrambling is where it's at :cool:

3 rounds with the PŪRs back in the bag and touch shots are up drastically over my King Black wedges -chipped in for birdie last round

Want some softer gear.

Also need to practice better/more

Back