YouTuber Marques Brownlee -MKBHD- Fitting

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+

Didn't know where to put this really, but anyone who watches YouTube reviews of phones, tablets, etc, just new tech really, has probably seen his videos. We follow him and enjoy his vids and just generally thoughtful take on things. And I knew he liked golf, so it was cool to see him get fit.

We all knew he has crazy long fingers and stuff lol, but dude is just kind of lanky long all over. Even with his swing. And he got fit into 223 which is pretty awesome. He was definitely pounding them. And he mentioned their brand perception for a non-obsessed golfer which I thought was interesting too.

I had no idea he played golf. Very cool.

I had no idea he played golf. Very cool.
I heard him mention it once, and I remember Matty being excited about getting a follow from him a while back, just as someone who delivers content and appreciates what he does. That's probably where the idea of him getting fit there started.

He had a great video called 'YouTube needs to fix this' or something recently too talking about one of my favorite modern issues topics - that so many things these days that people have issue with can be boiled down to 'a problem of scale'. That one being YouTube spammers.

Good vid. Thx. Did not know the guy but I don't do a lot of high tech reviews.

Good vid. Thx. Did not know the guy but I don't do a lot of high tech reviews.
He is really a chill and informative guy, also he uses some of the most expensive cameras ever so the quality is INSANE

I’ve been watching this kid for years well before my return to golf. Thanks for posting this I’m very intrigued to watch this when I get some time later.

I knew he was a frisbee dude no idea he played golf.

Loved this vid from TXG and a great collab with MKBHD. Excited to see where the woods and wedge fit gets him

What a beast and what nice tempo! :love:

Loved this vid from TXG and a great collab with MKBHD. Excited to see where the woods and wedge fit gets him
Yeah me too. He has a new driver so I'm curious if they swap it, tweak it, re-shaft, or what.

when he hit the ball, it just kept going. and going. and going. what a swing.
Yeah, like the ball doesn't do that when I hit it! WTF :ROFLMAO:

I finally got the chance to watch this today. I really enjoyed this iron fitting and I'm definitely going to tune in for the Driver and wedge fitting Ian mentioned at the end. I hope they get into a little more of the 'Tech in golf' discussion they sorta started in this one. As someone that loves tech and really enjoys Marques takes on the subject it would really be fascinating to hear more about how he feels about tech in golf.

I was blown away with how he strikes the ball. The speeds and consistency he was delivering for a guy that plays 12x a year were mind blowing. He was really striping those 223's which was really good to see. Mizuno is out here killing it this season. 🔥

Didn't know where to put this really, but anyone who watches YouTube reviews of phones, tablets, etc, just new tech really, has probably seen his videos. We follow him and enjoy his vids and just generally thoughtful take on things. And I knew he liked golf, so it was cool to see him get fit.

We all knew he has crazy long fingers and stuff lol, but dude is just kind of lanky long all over. Even with his swing. And he got fit into 223 which is pretty awesome. He was definitely pounding them. And he mentioned their brand perception for a non-obsessed golfer which I thought was interesting too.

UGH! This is the last kind of fitting I would want to witness!

All I got out of this video is how disappointed I am in myself for not figuring out how to make millions on YouTube…

Driver fitting just dropped.

He was absolutely pounding that LTDx LS. 😲

Last edited:
I knew he played some golf based on some older videos of some golf apps he had on his daily phone. Also figured he was very athletic based on some of the ultimate frisbee clips but didn’t know he had that speed under the hood. That uptick in speed on those draw shots are crazy.

Screenshot_20220419-123059_YouTube.jpg

I was pretty much shouting at the screen for a while. The lack of efficiency on even good strikes was kind of maddening. They got him hitting a pretty heavy ball at the end though.

And those look like LTDx LS numbers to me! :LOL: Low launch and ball speed.

Putter fitting is up

Saw that this morning. I'm way behind on my YouTube stuff. Lol. Try to watch it tonight.
I thought they were going to do a wedge fitting too but it looks like it ends here. I guess he really likes his wedges?

thanks for posting this. I saw this one and dude has some sneaky power

I thought they were going to do a wedge fitting too but it looks like it ends here. I guess he really likes his wedges?

At the start of the putting video, Ian said something about during Marques's "woods/hybrid fitting", but I haven't seen that video post yet. So I wonder if there are some still in editing or maybe the content just wasn't worth posting?

Woods and Wedge's fittings have been posted if anyone is interested.

Back