Ping - What Don't You Like?

I like their clubs. I don't care for their logo.

I'm with ya on that. I like my Karstens so I am glad I kept an open mind when getting fit for clubs but if I went only by logo, PING would have been last.

I'm with ya on that. I like my Karstens so I am glad I kept an open mind when getting fit for clubs but if I went only by logo, PING would have been last.
Looks fine on a club. Looks stupid on a hat.

The Ping iron homer in me refuses to let me respond to this thread.

I'm sure they're awesome clubs just never liked the look of most of their irons with the exception of the S55s which I couldn't game anyways.

Their irons have never looked very appealing to me. Also, I'm not a Bubba fan.

I love PING. This thread is not for me.

I love Ping and have the utmost respect for that club maker. In fact I think they're the one remaining company that still uses their own foundries here in the USA instead of China although that may have changed by now. Ping epitomizes American golf.

They use foundries in Mexico, but are finished and assembled in Arizona.

I've posted this in several threads, but last year was the first time I ever bought a ping product, and I spent a lot of money to try to get it to fit to me but ultimately I hated the irons (i25) and do not intend to ever game a ping product again. I've also tested g30 and i25 driver as well as g20 fw. I've found the feel extremely lacking and the look at address to scream gi. I love that people have found something appealing in ping, as more options that work for consumers is a good thing. for me, every product has been a swing and a miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of the gimmick tech they have on the G30 drivers and fairways, amount of offset on the G and I series irons and I don't like the satin finish look of their irons.

What gimmicks does ping use for the G30 that is so different from others technology?

I have gamed a couple of Ping putters and also a driver. For me I think they are well made,I dislike the huge top soles on some of the older models but that was in back then. I almost bought a set this past year and will probably game some Ping items in the future

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Honestly, I don't have a good answer Fuppy. I'm not sure why, it's not that I don't like them, but I don't do like them either. Their irons feel great but the company just seems so "meh" to me.

Honestly, I don't have a good answer Fuppy. I'm not sure why, it's not that I don't like them, but I don't do like them either. Their irons feel great but the company just seems so "meh" to me.

It's because they arent flashy enough for you.

It's because they arent flashy enough for you.
I don't even think it's that because I really enjoyed the look of the S55's. But maybe the company as a whole is a little too timid for me.

My general dislike of PING is silly. I grew up in a fairly affluent community and it seemed like then all the rich snobs played ping and had their big PING staff bags and were blah blah blahing about their dots. I know lame reason to not like a company but aside from my ping putter (which my mother in law found with a horseshoe shaft in the woods) I've never even tried one of their products. Never really even thought to try one.

Nothing at all. Love Ping. Their clubs have treated me well over the years. I love their G30 woods line. Great stuff.

Bubba watson....

But seriously. .I gave grown to like Ping more and more. Especially since they have everything in LH.

I just haven't ever gotten along with any of their metalwoods. It's not that I wouldn't buy them, I just haven't yet.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I love PING. This thread is not for me.
5 pages of craziness. I like PING irons and will be getting a set of the new i-Series Irons.

I do dislike their stock grip.

5 pages of craziness. I like PING irons and will be getting a set of the new i-Series Irons.

I do dislike their stock grip.
Isn't as bad as Nike's stock grip on the Vapor line. Worst grip I have ever had the misfortune of gripping...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ping G20 player here... 2 years playing golf total. The Pings have been good to me.

I love Ping and have the utmost respect for that club maker. In fact I think they're the one remaining company that still uses their own foundries here in the USA instead of China although that may have changed by now. Ping epitomizes American golf.

Environmental laws ended that.

I am a huge PING fan. Just wanted to put that out there

Love Ping. Just haven't had the circumstances present themselves to play their irons. Hit the G series and fell in love. That's what an iron should feel like IMO. I used that feeling to judge all other irons, and wound up with my 588 MTs. The K15 driver isn't flashy, but it works. No disdain for Ping here!

Back