What's your one thought?

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
I read recently that your mind cannot focus on more than one thing at any given moment. So with all of the swing thoughts, and others that go through our head during a round of golf, what is the one thought you have when you begin your back swing?

Up and away.

I actually take it away a little bit inside before bringing the club up, but the swing thought "Up and Away" seems to keep me where I need to be for whatever reason.

Post up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Turn.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Oh look at the bug or that butterfly, wonder how their day is going. Then I proceeded to hit a bad shot and blame it on that bug or butterfly for getting in my head.

Turn don't sway

Tuuuuuuurn!

I find it best not to think and just do.

accelerate

It varies, but "arms against my chest" worked REALLY well for me tonight.

I don't think of anything when I begin it. I do however tend to do better when I remember to take a deep breath right before I start my backswing.

I have to tell myself to keep my head down.

I tend to come back super flat. To avoid this my swing thought is “straight back straight thru”. Seems to get me on plane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

to op- i read the same thing. multi-tasking is bs.

my thought is just to turn my shoulders instead of only lifting the arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left shoulder under chin

"Left shoulder touches chin."

Don't swing too hard

For me good golf is easy golf. No swing thoughts just see the shot and hit the shot. When I introduce swing thoughts while playing the round turns south quickly.

Here goes nothing …

Finish!

On the flip side I know I am in trouble when I am thinking "wait how far am I trying to hit this wedge" at the top of my backswing.

I love this game. That's what I'm thinking in my backswing. I keeps me relaxed on good and bad days of golf.

"Left shoulder to right foot" is my backswing thought.

Nice and easy take away.
The slower I take it back, the more my club stays on a good swing path, I'm able to keep my head down and turn on the ball.

Back