Mizuno MP-25 Irons Preview

And these may or may not be in my bag in the next two weeks. I have a new mistress in my life and she's called the MP25. The MP54s said they would understand if I made the change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was looking at these on the mizuno page last night. these may have a chance to get into my bag next year

And these may or may not be in my bag in the next two weeks. I have a new mistress in my life and she's called the MP25. The MP54s said they would understand if I made the change

If you have these at the gauntlet, can I hit them?

Edit: when do they come out? Will they even be out by the gauntlet?

We may be able to arrange that if I do indeed have them.

How many rounds on the MP54's? You love them and you are still chasing the dragon... I am interested to see if the 25's have that addictive mizuno sound/feel, or if the boron messes with that.

I still love them, but these have me really intrigued. The more I hit the 850F, the more I started digging the feel of them. Initially they felt kind of....I don't know....they felt good, but every shot felt the same off the face. It was a pure and solid feel, but different that the MP15s. The 54s are plush and forgiving. If the 25s are the same, or a blend between the 850F and 54s in terms of forgiveness and feel then we might have a winner.

And 3 rounds with the 54s

Saw pics of the jdm mp-55 yesterday on Facebook. Wowzers mizuno is producing some beautiful clubs!

Heading to a demo day for these on Saturday. really hoping I can hit them as nice as they look!

​I hit the 25's today and liked them.

unfortunately the demo day i mentioned above didn't happen so i'm still left wondering.

Anyone who understands/have hit these know how they fit into the mizuno line? I'm gagging for some new irons moving from my titleist 690cb's and it's hard to work out which mixuno clubs i should be looking at.

I'd love something traditional and forged but with a little more forgiveness than my titleists. Do the MP-25's fit the bill or should i look at the H5's? MP-25's have replaced the 54's but the marketing is very much saying distance club for people with "tour player" ball striking. #confused

Personally I think you will be seeing similar forgiveness.
Are you set on certain brands or sets? If so, test them first since forgiveness is something you are looking for.

Personally I think you will be seeing similar forgiveness.
Are you set on certain brands or sets? If so, test them first since forgiveness is something you are looking for.

No not that set at all, the local fitting centre does all the big brands and i've got a shortlist including Ping I/S55, Srixon 745/545 and i want to add a couple of mizuno clubs to the list before i head down there. Issue is they haven't got the MP-25 yet so i'm trying to work out if it's worth waiting for as it looks beautiful! Otherwise i'll try hitting the H5's and the 850F's probably.

Hit these the other day against my current 54 set up and really really liked them. Few of things I noticed:
The finish is amazing and the look at address gives the impression that the topline is thicker that the 54. They are the same size, but the top of the 25 is a bit more square giving it a larger appearance. The head size is very comparable to the 54, with the 25 having a slightly higher face. The sole seems to have a less aggressive grind.

The feel is a bit different than the 54s. The 54s feel like hitting a marshmallow every time. The 25s have a very similar feel to the 850F. Again, it's not a bad feel, just a different feel at impact. It's still soft, and definitely not clicky or anything.

Performance. "WOW!" is the first word that comes to mind. My 6 irons were averaging 9 yards further with the same launch, and more ball speed. My swing speed was consistent, and it definitely wasn't that I hitting the center of the face. Some shots on the 25 were low on the heel side and still maintained carry distance.

Very very impressed with these.

Hit these the other day against my current 54 set up and really really liked them. Few of things I noticed:
The finish is amazing and the look at address gives the impression that the topline is thicker that the 54. They are the same size, but the top of the 25 is a bit more square giving it a larger appearance. The head size is very comparable to the 54, with the 25 having a slightly higher face. The sole seems to have a less aggressive grind.

The feel is a bit different than the 54s. The 54s feel like hitting a marshmallow every time. The 25s have a very similar feel to the 850F. Again, it's not a bad feel, just a different feel at impact. It's still soft, and definitely not clicky or anything.

Performance. "WOW!" is the first word that comes to mind. My 6 irons were averaging 9 yards further with the same launch, and more ball speed. My swing speed was consistent, and it definitely wasn't that I hitting the center of the face. Some shots on the 25 were low on the heel side and still maintained carry distance.

Very very impressed with these.
That's good to hear. I play and still love my mp53. Hate to give up that feel, it so addictive. Although distance and forgiveness make it a little easier.

Gonna hit these soon - if they perform as good as they look, they will be my next set of irons.

Hit the 6 iron at the range and I loved it. I can echo Adam's comments about the feel, I wouldn't say they are buttery soft but they just feel really solid right across the face. It was hard to properly judge the distance as it was just by eye, with range balls and completely stock setup, but it seemed to be out flying the h5, ping i and apex pro which I was also testing.

i gotta say that I was so impressed that I've booked a fitting for Saturday!

Hit the 6 iron at the range and I loved it. I can echo Adam's comments about the feel, I wouldn't say they are buttery soft but they just feel really solid right across the face. It was hard to properly judge the distance as it was just by eye, with range balls and completely stock setup, but it seemed to be out flying the h5, ping i and apex pro which I was also testing.

i gotta say that I was so impressed that I've booked a fitting for Saturday!
Sounds promising, keep us informed.

Will wed to hit these but next to the mp15s I prefer the look of the 15s better, also enjoyed the feel of the 15s

Just come back from my fitting, and wow, I'm so glad I got these fitted. I've been playing 690cb's for a very long time in standard spec with S300. I just got fitted for KBS tour in x-stiff with +1" length and 3* upright, couldn't be much more different! My club head speed was 89-90 with the 6 iron btw. The results speak for themselves, My old average was about 170 with my 6 iron and on the monitor I was hitting these around 185 with the longest at 192! Slight miss-hits were still going over 175 and the shaft was helping tighten the dispersion up.

I had had a quick shoot out at the start of the session between the MP25 and the Srixon Z745 and I will say that it was a very hard choice. I just found a tiny bit more forgiveness in the MP and preferred the feel and look at address, just really nice and solid off the compact head. As you can see above I was getting some seriously good numbers out of the MP although the extra shaft length probably helped a bit, it's still certainly longer than my old titleists.

End result - 4 to PW are on the way from Scotland.

bottom line I have two major thoughts:
1. MP-25 is a very nice club which feels great (although that is subjective of course) and backs up its claims of good distance
2. Everyone should get fitted!!!

These look incredible in person. Tested them out today with a couple different shafts and loved them. The brushed finish on them is great, and I enjoyed the feel of them a lot.

I demoed the 6 iron today with the KBS Tour shaft (same as in my Apex pros-- although I have them soft stepped 1x). I was very impressed with the MP25s. The look and feel great and seem plenty forgiving. In comparison to my Apex Pros the MP25 head looks a bit bulkier, but the MP feels a touch softer and launches the ball a bit higher. They remind me of the MP54s except without the distance loss. I hit my Apex Pros really well but I am a low ball hitter so the extra height has me intrigued. I will definitely give these some thought in the coming months.....

I got fitted for mine today. It is funny because on the Launch monitor I hit the dynamic gold s300 the most consistent shot after shot. I also got 3 degree down due to always hitting the heel of the club. I cannot wait for these to come in and take them out on the course

I am going to check these out at a local shop that has them in Tuesday

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Finally got a chance to hit these today. Had 6i w/Px 6.0

Hit 20-25 shots with it. The feel was the same that I am used to with other mizunos I played or demo'd. It wasn't as soft as z545 but was softer than DFs.

I like the look of the back of the 15s a little more than these but at address I was more than happy with the setup.

Ball flight was a nice high flight around what I am seeing with the DF and z545 (based solely on eyesight no numbers)

Distance is comparable to what I see with the z545 which is about 1/2 club longer than the DFs.

My previous perception of these maybe bring to much chrome was wrong and overall I like the look and performance of these

​I was able to get fitted today using Mizunos swing analyzer. As I expected, nothing about my current clubs are correct for my swing. I hit the 850's both forged and non forged, as well as the JPX-EZ and the MP-25. I liked the feel and look of the MP-25's the best, and am now pondering purchasing them or the Callaway XR's.

Back