Your Take on PXG Golf?

I will add to your scenario -

Give a bunch of golfers (with handicaps lower than 15) your list of clubs, do not tell them what brand or what cost, and let them choose what they like on the range (not simulator). I bet PXG does much better than you would expect, based on feel and performance.
Add price, all things are no longer equal. Price changes perception, no question about it.

I disagree with this in a huge way, but everybody is different.

I disagree with this in a huge way, but everybody is different.

For sake of great discussion, mind explaining? I could see how cost would, and wouldn't change perception. Do you think if golfers got to test companies clubs with no knowledge of who made which PXG wouldn't fair as well as others?

Your Take on PXG Golf?

For sake of great discussion, mind explaining? I could see how cost would, and wouldn't change perception. Do you think if golfers got to test companies clubs with no knowledge of who made which PXG wouldn't fair as well as others?

It was said that PXG would do better than expected. In my opinion the expectation is what sets them apart, they know that and have marketed it well.

For instance in my opinion if a new brand brand came out called Xtreme Golf and had these same irons and they cost $399 for the entire set, nobody would be talking out the performance at all.

It was said that PXG would do better than expected. In my opinion the expectation is what sets them apart, they know that and have marketed it well.

For instance in my opinion if a new brand brand came out called Xtreme Golf and had these same irons and they cost $399 for the entire set, nobody would be talking out the performance at all.

I would agree with that 110%. It's amazing how cost can change the perception either good or bad based on cheap or I supposed more affordable would be a better way to put it and really expensive.

I would agree with that 110%. It's amazing how cost can change the perception either good or bad based on cheap or I supposed more affordable would be a better way to put it and really expensive.

Lexus comes to mind. We expect premium quality from premium prices, assuming they did their job right, both R and D and production.

I don't think you'll see clubs priced like these off the rack, it would be foolish, for both the buyer and seller, to just go off the rack if the player is trying to maximize performance for every dollar spent.

I just looked at the PXG experience - starting at $12,500. Now how do I sneak that one past my wife?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Powerball. When I win I'll bring you with me!

Lexus comes to mind. We expect premium quality from premium prices, assuming they did their job right, both R and D and production.

I don't think you'll see clubs priced like these off the rack, it would be foolish, for both the buyer and seller, to just go off the rack if the player is trying to maximize performance for every dollar spent.

XXIO can be purchased off the rack.

I'm a guy who fits into Standard lofts and lies across the board. As long as they have a shaft that works I don't see any reason to go custom in my situation.

I just looked at the PXG experience - starting at $12,500. Now how do I sneak that one past my wife?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very carefully?

Powerball. When I win I'll bring you with me!

Nice. I'm holding you to it!

Very carefully?

Yea right. I love golf but if I'm going to drop $12,500+ on a golf experience going to the Scottsdale Country Club to get fit for PXG clubs is pretty low on that list.

XXIO can be purchased off the rack.

Correct, but if I was a buyer, with all the dollar signs behind the sticker, I'd like to see what other options I have, like shafts and fitting.

I'm also a guy fond of buying stuff off the rack, but simply because I'm buying at discounted prices.

I don't think you'll see clubs priced like these off the rack, it would be foolish, for both the buyer and seller.

Correct, but if I was a buyer, with all the dollar signs behind the sticker, I'd like to see what other options I have, like shafts and fitting.

I'm also a guy fond of buying stuff off the rack, but simply because I'm buying at discounted prices.

No I was referring to the above. Everybody has their own idea of what they want or hoe they like to purchase. I was just pointing out that there are very high end brands that can be purchased off the rack.

No I was referring to the above. Everybody has their own idea of what they want or hoe they like to purchase. I was just pointing out that there are very high end brands that can be purchased off the rack.

It is very interesting to me how many are under the assumption that all drivers are $450 all iron sets $900 or so etc. Many clubs are still more expensive than PXG Many clubs are still more expensive than XXIO.

Just like everything on the market Luxury brands exist in golf and have for some time. Cost or ability to afford something should not be used to judge something imo. Cost vs performance should be a factor in buying things for everyone but just because of the high end nature of a product it should not be discounted in the terms of the tech, materials and R&D involved. This is just a generalization and not specific to PXG because frankly I think PXG (Parsons) is a master at marketing.

Has anyone on this board actually hit these irons?

I have. They look decent in person to me. They are still a blade though and play like one I don't care what they say

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Play like one in terms of forgiveness? Workability? Feel? I'd be interested in a review, even if it's just a quick one.

Play like one in terms of forgiveness? Workability? Feel? I'd be interested in a review, even if it's just a quick one.
Forgiveness and workability is what I was getting at. Feel wise they felt a bit different than say a mizuno blade. Probably the closest thing feel wise I could compare them to is the 716 T-mb. Feel is so subjective though I am sure others have different thoughts.

I hit the iron (7), wedges and putter.
Iron was not a blade in my case.

Your Take on PXG Golf?

What was your opinion on them JB as I am sure you had a good bit more information and time with them than I did?

I thought they were a pretty good set. They reminded me honestly of the Nickent Arc Blades their last year the company was around (that's a compliment). I would have liked them to use some different sources materials considering the price tag, but clearly it's not as necessary with the right path marketing wise.

I have heard forgiveness thrown around a bit and I didn't find them all that forgiving, but they weren't the least forgiving set I have tried, that's for sure. They do what they are supposed to. Which is another good trait.

I thought they were a pretty good set. They reminded me honestly of the Nickent Arc Blades their last year the company was around (that's a compliment). I would have liked them to use some different sources materials considering the price tag, but clearly it's not as necessary with the right path marketing wise.

I have heard forgiveness thrown around a bit and I didn't find them all that forgiving, but they weren't the least forgiving set I have tried, that's for sure. They do what they are supposed to. Which is another good trait.

Good to know as this is as close as I'll come to ever swinging them haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the small local golf store having one of my wedges flattened and noticed the PXG irons. I asked one of the guys how they were selling and he said much better than expected, 15 sets of irons and almost that many drivers, fairway woods and hybrids in the last 8 weeks. They had only sold 5 of the putters. This is a very small store with a footprint about 15% of a Golf Galaxy. He also said the CC where I'm a member had sold another 4 sets, although I've only seen one guy out not the course with them so far. It will be interesting to see how many sets they will sell over the next couple years. I honestly can't see myself parting with $3,000 for a set of irons but maybe it would be the perfect retirement gift for myself in a couple years.

I was in the small local golf store having one of my wedges flattened and noticed the PXG irons. I asked one of the guys how they were selling and he said much better than expected, 15 sets of irons and almost that many drivers, fairway woods and hybrids in the last 8 weeks. They had only sold 5 of the putters. This is a very small store with a footprint about 15% of a Golf Galaxy. He also said the CC where I'm a member had sold another 4 sets, although I've only seen one guy out not the course with them so far. It will be interesting to see how many sets they will sell over the next couple years. I honestly can't see myself parting with $3,000 for a set of irons but maybe it would be the perfect retirement gift for myself in a couple years.

Yes, the price is high....but if you are a player that will keep your irons a long time (5+ years) then it is not that bad. If you change your irons out every year then it is not as good...but even in that case your will probably be able to sell the PXGs close to what you paid for them.

That's fairly impressive. I saw a guy with a set at the member guest last weekend (104 players).

Back