Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wedges here for me. Something in a 52° option. I'm thinking RTX CB 2.0 to go with my 58° PM grind. Trying to simplify things…

MD3. Thank me later :)

Replacing my 3 and 4 hybrids with Callaway X2 Hots. I am starting to love everything Callaway right now.

X2Hot 4 Hybrid should be yanked from my bag. Everytime I hit it now, all I can think is "this is wrong". Complete mental block with it.

Pondering a 3 hybrid, iron replacement, GBB Driver, and wedge replacements (thinking 52* & 56 or 58*)

X2Hot 4 Hybrid should be yanked from my bag. Everytime I hit it now, all I can think is "this is wrong". Complete mental block with it.

Pondering a 3 hybrid, iron replacement, GBB Driver, and wedge replacements (thinking 52* & 56 or 58*)

​Let me know if you want to part with it.

Pondering some 588 MT irons, they're going for silly prices right now. The Speedblade experiment didn't work out, and the MTs seem to be more of what I need in my iron game.

I just do not get along with hybrids, which scares me away from the Altitudes, so the MTs seem like a decent middle ground, and I really like the ability to swap in some TTs if they fit me better at the top of the bag.

Pondering some 588 MT irons, they're going for silly prices right now. The Speedblade experiment didn't work out, and the MTs seem to be more of what I need in my iron game.

I just do not get along with hybrids, which scares me away from the Altitudes, so the MTs seem like a decent middle ground, and I really like the ability to swap in some TTs if they fit me better at the top of the bag.

The MT are a great iron set. What didn't work out about the speedblades?

The MT are a great iron set. What didn't work out about the speedblades?

No improvement over the D100s. My normal miss is fat, I think if I missed thin that set may worked been better for me. But over 3 range sessions, the D100s were just better overall.

Missing fat and needing a bit more height to help with softer landings is what made me start pondering the MTs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No improvement over the D100s. My normal miss is fat, I think if I missed thin that set may worked been better for me. But over 3 range sessions, the D100s were just better overall.

Missing fat and needing a bit more height to help with softer landings is what made me start pondering the MTs.

The speedblades are definitely fantastic on a thin miss.

I'm not 100% sure you'll see a huge difference between then D100 and the MT. They're designed to do similar things. That said of the two I did prefer the MT/TT.

The speedblades are definitely fantastic on a thin miss.

I'm not 100% sure you'll see a huge difference between then D100 and the MT. They're designed to do similar things. That said of the two I did prefer the MT/TT.

Something tells me I should just hold off until we see the new W/S releases later on this year. If they have a set that'll improve on the D200s I know what to tell the boss I want for my 40th :D

Something tells me I should just hold off until we see the new W/S releases later on this year. If they have a set that'll improve on the D200s I know what to tell the boss I want for my 40th :D

Good plan - go get fit. You're on the South Shore so Joe and Leigh's isn't far and I know OITW has had good things to say about them.

Good plan - go get fit. You're on the South Shore so Joe and Leigh's isn't far and I know OITW has had good things to say about them.

SouthCoast actually, but they're still only a 40 min drive and I know they carry W/S gear.

Great Big Bertha 3 wood... Think it's time to move the 815 and pull the trigger on the GBB.

New irons. Nothing hateful about the D200's. But been thinking A LOT about the Srixon 355's. Also may see if the XR prices come down after the Apex release. And will be intersting to see what Wilson offers for 2016.

New irons. Nothing hateful about the D200's. But been thinking A LOT about the Srixon 355's. Also may see if the XR prices come down after the Apex release. And will be intersting to see what Wilson offers for 2016.

Hit the 355 today and really liked them. More so than the XR, though that may be because stock is a better fit for me in terms of length and lie in the Srixons.

Really considering a GBB makeover at the top of my bag. Driver, 3W, HW.

Love the BB and 5deep, but think a switch up could let me get away with not carrying a hybrid anymore.

XR 7w w/ 80g stiff Kaili.

I'm thinking about Cleveland Wedges and a 2135 putter. Hmm.

A badass Mills Fleetwood.

Three 5 in the USA scheme with some Jan Craigs.. Hopefully this will get moved to the "what golf stuff did you buy thread" in the next week or so..

I do love my Apex Pros but the XR pros may replace them. I am looking for a little more forgiveness. With the new Apex coming out if XR's drop in price it is done deal.

All of a sudden I'm fascinated by the Sun Mountain Front 9 bag.

Was about this [] close to pulling the trigger on a set of Apex Pros yesterday but the store I was in didn't do lie adjustments and I didn't want to buy one place and have them adjusted elsewhere. Probably for the best, I'd imagine they will drop in price at least a bit once the new ones start getting attention.

I have a decent amount of credit on Callaway pre owned,waiting for the right club to make it worth my while. Have 2 pretty good ideas what I want in my bag and another possible. So many great options and not enough of a credit to go around.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Really thinking I will be in the market for a new stand bag this winter.

Current Ogio bag has been having issues with the legs getting caught up and not extending. Need better compartments, and something a bit better at avoiding club snagging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back