Forgiving yet shapeable(?) Irons

200s

Reaction score
Handicap
Hopefully this is the right place to post this, but I'm looking for irons that will allow me to shape a shot while still being forgiving. I guess I'm looking for the unicorn of irons lol. Right now I'm gaming Cobra F6 irons, I really like the feel of them and the consistency, but as far as hitting a draw or fade with them, it's difficult. So I'm looking for some suggestions on irons to look at. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hopefully this is the right place to post this, but I'm looking for irons that will allow me to shape a shot while still being forgiving. I guess I'm looking for the unicorn of irons lol. Right now I'm gaming Cobra F6 irons, I really like the feel of them and the consistency, but as far as hitting a draw or fade with them, it's difficult. So I'm looking for some suggestions on irons to look at. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Apex CF16 and (I haven’t hit them but people love them) i200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If by "shapeable" you mean high spinning Id give the Ben Hogan PTx a shot. They aren't going to be as forgiving as your F6, but most of the really forgiving options on the market are lower spin designs.

Srixon 565/765

I've been hearing a lot of good stuff about the 545's, my only concern is the forgiveness of them.

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged,

I've been hearing a lot of good stuff about the 545's, my only concern is the forgiveness of them.

Supposedly the 565 is great on forgiveness. E1iterate on here games them and loves them , as does OhioGolfer.

You are definitely looking for a "unicorn" of sorts. LOL. Truth be told, I can hit a draw/fade with even the most "forgiving" SGI clubs... The ball might not turn as much, but I equate that more to my skill level than the club design. None-the-less, I do find it easier to "create" movement with the following irons which have some forgiveness as well... Wilson Staff C300 Forged, Srixon Z565, Ping i200, Callaway Apex CF16, Mizuno JPX900 Forged... Just to name a few.

The CF16's are definitely shape-able even for me!! Forgiveness is also a strong quality for these irons!!

youll get 100 different answers to this so its going to come down to preference honestly. Most irons now a days can be "shapable" with proper technique and the right golf ball. I have the CF16 and have gamed them for over 2 seasons and have no issues shaping (and over shaping) shots

Shouldnt be a concern these are the most forgiving smaller profile head I have ever played.

when I look at this question, the first part I look at is how much forgiveness are you looking to possibly sacrifice from your old set. From there how much do you plan on working the ball....

There are plenty of good options on the market for what I would perceive are your answers.

MP-18 MMC
CF16
Steelhead Pro
i200
Vapor Fly Pro irons(sure can be found cheap since Nike is out of the game).
565/765
AP3
C300, or C200 if you drop back to those.

So I play the Wilson Staff fg tour V4 irons. I have enjoyed their forgiveness although in general I don't hit them as far as my game improvement irons but that is because the lofts are not as strong. They are a few years old but budgetgolf.com has them for a steal at $249 https://www.budgetgolf.com/wilson-staff-fg-tour-v4-golf-irons_steel.html. They are definitely worth looking at. But if you just want the newer version the V6's are available and they have gotten great reviews. I think you would be very pleased especially since you can step into that players iron world for half the price of a new driver.

I have never hit an iron I couldn't shape...

C200's would fit your bill nicely

I will add a +1 to the CF16s. While I think any iron can be shaped, my game greatly benefits from the forgiveness of the CF16 irons.

Just some food for thought. It’s your swing that is holding you back from working it both ways. It’s not the irons that allow these shots.

Thanks

Thanks

Just wanted to thank everyone for the suggestions on irons to try. I think I have it narrowed down, now it's waiting to hit them off of actual grass and not a matt. Thanks again.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the suggestions on irons to try. I think I have it narrowed down, now it's waiting to hit them off of actual grass and not a matt. Thanks again.

report back and let us know which irons you tried, and which met your needs the best!

Right now it's between the Z545's and Ping i200s.

Shouldnt be a concern these are the most forgiving smaller profile head I have ever played.

I have the 745s and echo this, most forgiving players type iron ive ever played. 545s are even more forgiving IMO.

Ive read up on the 565 irons. They are the most forgiving of the series (565/765/965) and they feel AMAZING. The only reason I dont own them is the cost exceeds my budget. lol!

765 are the most forgiving iron I've ever hit that are considered in the players category. You could shape shots and play comfortably with off center strikes using these.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back