Loft and Lie adjustments - how often and where do you go?

Phil75070

Proud Member of Team THP - 2018 #TheGrandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.3
I am curious as to how often and where you go to get your lofts and lies checked and adjusted. Do you go to a big box store like a PGA Tour Superstore or Golf Galaxy (GolfTec)? A small independent club fitter? One of the bigger "fitting" services like a Club Champion? At your course, private or otherwise, that offers that service? Do you do it yourself?

I have mine checked once a year. I take mine to PGA Superstore but it’s because the guys at one specific location do great work. The other couple locations are hit and miss on the work I’ve had done.

Every spring and at my local club.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

I am getting this done early this year so any recommendations in MA would be much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually get mine done once a year in march

probably go to Golfer's Warehouse in the Braintree - they did fine with my wedges a bit ago.

Last edited:
I am getting this done early this year so any recommendations in MA would be much appreciated

Based on Matt’s feedback (i’ll Let you know what I think of their club work when I get my shafts back) i’d Say club champ in needham

But location based golf and ski would be good and I’m sure golfers warehouse in auburn would do a good job as well

Based on Matt’s feedback (i’ll Let you know what I think of their club work when I get my shafts back) i’d Say club champ in needham

But location based golf and ski would be good and I’m sure golfers warehouse in auburn would do a good job as well

I think the store in Auburn does great work. Might start there. Or sell some stuff to fund a fitting hahaha

I get mine checked every year in Jan or Feb, and take them to a small shop. The guy does great work and is always available.

I've neglected to get mine checked since I got them. Should probably do that if I am not getting new irons this year. Good reminder.

Twice a year, local shop in Stillwater.

Local guy in my hometown. He has done all of my club work for the past few years. I even take new clubs to him and have him check to make sure everything is in order.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Try to get it checked once a year. Now that I am not traveling for work, planning to stop at a big box retailer to get this done when passing through Atlanta is no longer an option. Looking at a couple of other options now within 45 minutes from home or also kicking around getting the necessary stuff to do it myself.

Get mine done at the beginning of the year, local shop and club fitter.

A few times a year and I do it myself at my club.

I have my own setup and set everything once i build my set. During the winter time i really catalog distances in a simulator and if i see any big gaps i do some adjustments. Other than that i just let them go about their merry way. I think its something that can be overthought. If you diligently know your distances and track them through the year you will see when a gap develops.

Twice a year and I usually hit up Golf Galaxy or PGASS.

If you diligently know your distances and track them through the year you will see when a gap develops.

It’s less of a distance concern for me, and more about lie angle. I play my clubs flat, they are soft, and I practice a ton (especially off mats). So I find my lie angle changes easily and can start to see it in my ball flight. It’s defintiely worth it to me to check mine often.

It’s less of a distance concern for me, and more about lie angle. I play my clubs flat, they are soft, and I practice a ton (especially off mats). So I find my lie angle changes easily and can start to see it in my ball flight. It’s defintiely worth it to me to check mine often.
Well I can see where that would be an issue. I don't tend to have directional issues I'm all about distances. But if your irons are easily changing lie I don't think I would have the patience for them in my bag.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Can't remember the last time I did it, last couple sets I haven't had them in the bag long enough to worry about it.

Anytime I want cause I have a loft lie machine in the Man Cave
d9620e6d539d8bf905ae5aa021b4ec53.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Anytime I want cause I have a loft lie machine in the Man Cave
d9620e6d539d8bf905ae5aa021b4ec53.jpg

That is a thing of beauty!!

I typically go once a year. Kind of lucky in that my brother in law is a local club pro and doesn't mind doing it in the winter when things slow down.

Would love to have a machine like @golfinnut...although my wife might kick me out the house if pickup tinkering with golf equipment as another hobby!

I typically go once a year. Kind of lucky in that my brother in law is a local club pro and doesn't mind doing it in the winter when things slow down.

Would love to have a machine like @golfinnut...although my wife might kick me out the house if pickup tinkering with golf equipment as another hobby!
You should see corner of my work room with all the spare shafts, grips, and accessories lying around. Looks like the PGA SS

What's a reasonable price?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think I pay about $2 per club, if an adjustment is needed. Last year they did a few for free for me while I was out on the range.

Back