Jailbreak Technology? Does it really do anything?

usmc411

Reaction score
Handicap
I have the new Epic BB, I cracked my 2014 BB and they sent me the Epic as a replacement. Not sure I really see a difference in performance. Does anyone else really understand what this club provides? I find that I hit my 2014 a little better and with typically more success in straight hits.

i think 100% it does something, and that something is pretty revolutionary.

i had the epic in the bag for about 5 months last year. something about the weighting just never clicked for me and i had a hard time finding the consistency i need for my game. that said, as bad as my swing was, i still hit the ball impressive distances and still found fairways.

so even though i moved on from the driver, i really stressed the jailbreak tech and found it to be every bit as advertised.

For me yes, If you hit in the middle of the face it doesnt really matter what club you have, but I have found without a doubt better results from missing the middle.....unquestionably

I have the new Epic BB, I cracked my 2014 BB and they sent me the Epic as a replacement. Not sure I really see a difference in performance. Does anyone else really understand what this club provides? I find that I hit my 2014 a little better and with typically more success in straight hits.

I'm sure others can explain it better than me but I certainly have seen that this technology works wonders. The "Jailbreak" is supposed to help in reducing the energy loss when the club makes contact with the ball which then transfers into greater ball speeds. Go to the Callaway web site plenty of articles and videos to give you the science behind it.

I won't say that jailbreak does something specifically, BUT the combination of tech (jailbreak, carbon crown, and others etc.) has gained me around 2-4 mph on ball speed pretty consistently over my GBB. It's not apples to apples, but I was custom fit for both drivers by some of the best in the industry so i think i can rule that variable out. I do seem to be getting quite a bit more launch and distance on mishits, especially low on the face... so I think Jailbreak is a step up from the R*MOTO as well.

No harm in trying every driver on the market out and seeing which head you prefer!

Yup. It's revolutionary. 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it does, the ball speed retention is a revolutionary advancement on misses. That is the area that it outshined pretty much every other driver that I put it on the GC2 against.

Its very real.

Yes it does, the ball speed retention is a revolutionary advancement on misses. That is the area that it outshined pretty much every other driver that I put it on the GC2 against.

Its very real.

Nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is very real, although I do not buy that it is the singlular factor in claims of 15 or 20 more yards. Although I do not doubt some people picked up an Epic and gained 15 or more yards, I believe other factors are involved. What I do believe, as others have said in this thread, that retained ball speed on misses is better because of the jailbreak technology.

I haven't gamed one, myself, so take this with a grain of salt but the fact that Callaway turned TalyorMade on it's head to become the #1 driver on the PGA Tour is pretty compelling evidence that the tech is, in fact for real. Most pros aren't exactly fickle when it comes to their equipment. Their sticks is literally how they make a living. When that many players make the switch, Id have to say that it's more than just a bunch of marketing hype, FWIW.

Well since its been the number one selling driver every month since it launched I think it did something to Callaways stock price.

BINGO!!! For reference.....I switched after I demo'd it and immediately noticed a difference. Do the research my friend. There is plenty of FACTUAL information out there on it helping all sorts of levels of golfers.

Its very real.

I’m sure it does, but it wasn’t enough improvement over my recently purchased driver to justify the switch at the time.

I can't speak directly to the technology and it's effect but I enjoyed a 50%, yes 50%, improvement in driving accuracy.

I wasn't exactly wild before as many of my drives during any random round were barely off the fairway. But barely off in bermuda rough can be a punishment not entirely fitting of the crime.

So many of those numerous close calls have been safely within the fairway since putting the Epic in the bag. Same swing, magically different results.

Thanks for the explainations. I do not complain about it especially since it was merely a customer service replacement from Callaway, which in of itself makes me a loyal customer, but was just making sure I understood the advantage of it.

1-2 mph on center hits, and slight misses 1 mph. Now if you miss by miles on the face then it is the same as most. Just my opinion though. I find the spin similar to everything else

I'd say jailbreak works!

I guess I’ll find out this season. Last year I gamed the 2015 GBB and it was very good for me. I put my gamer shaft in the Epic during on course testing and it was about 5 yds behind the GBB on avg. I don’t however think I had the loft settings optimized on the Epic. What swayed me over is the larger head profile of the epic and the weight track weight is heavier and is has more adjustment capability to the fade side which appeals to my wonky hooky swing.

I guess I’ll find out this season. Last year I gamed the 2015 GBB and it was very good for me. I put my gamer shaft in the Epic during on course testing and it was about 5 yds behind the GBB on avg. I don’t however think I had the loft settings optimized on the Epic. What swayed me over is the larger head profile of the epic and the weight track weight is heavier and is has more adjustment capability to the fade side which appeals to my wonky hooky swing.

Keep in mind, the same shaft doesn't automatically play the same way in a different head, the head profile matters greatly in that too. Its always an interesting thing to me as we all do that at some point, just plug whats worked in something else into something new and assume tweaks won't need to be made.

Back