How Often Do You Get New Grips?

I replace them at the beginning of each season.

Every other year for me, but I don't get to play that much golf anymore.

If I have a club long enough, it's usually somewhere between 1-2 years. I can't bring myself to do it after a year because the grips usually still feel pretty good. Once I start noticing slipping I'll regrip.

I have a problem death gripping my clubs. This leads to worn out spots where my thumbs rest. I have re-gripped twice a season the last two summers.

Once a year.
Used to be twice a year, until I started using Gripes.

How often do you use the gripes?

Don't usually keep clubs that long, but when I do it's once a year

At least once a year for irons. Wedges are usually twice a year. Driver more than other woods/hybrids, usually every other year.

I often don't keep my clubs long enough to regrip them

at least once a year

Every winter

Honestly not soon enough. They'll get wear-patches, then I'll put it off some more. Then I often don't have the funds so I put it off some more. Then I'll go into a shop and ask for a price, decide it's too expensive and buy a new bag or new shoes that are much more expensive. Then finally I'll be annoyed with myself, buy a bunch of grips and put them on.

Or find out I can't get these specific ones fit on and ask someone else to do it for me :D

So yeah it can take two years while I wanted to do it during the first season..

Almost immediately if I don't like the grip that the club or set comes with. I've been hooked on the older GP VDR midsized for like 4 years now. I don't like the new decades or gpmc's at all. The VDR's normally last a couple years. Unfortunately they still run almost the same as the new decades.

Jacqui got new grips today. Of course, they are attached to new clubs!

Last edited:
Once a year unless I am on a winning streak. So, in other words, once a year. ;)

Every 6 months! New grips and glove feel soo good.

Oh, how right you are - particularly last season and this season I have realized that I shouldn't use a glove for more than a handful of rounds...once it gets a bit stretched and or has gone through a couple of wet/dry cycles on hotter days, I get rid of it and the new one feels so nice. Buying cheaper gloves but rotating them more often than I used to.

Never realized on grips until I got new clubs this summer with multi-compound Golf Pride grips and they felt so so nice. In the past probably only re gripped every 4-5 yrs or longer. Will have to see what I think come next summer but I am now likely to drop to every 12-18 months....

I replace my grips once a year.

Now that I am doing them myself going twice a year.

Once a year.
Used to be twice a year, until I started using Gripes.
This.

Wiped down my clubs recently with Gripes. Feel brand new.

Honestly not soon enough. They'll get wear-patches, then I'll put it off some more. Then I often don't have the funds so I put it off some more. Then I'll go into a shop and ask for a price, decide it's too expensive and buy a new bag or new shoes that are much more expensive. Then finally I'll be annoyed with myself, buy a bunch of grips and put them on.

Or find out I can't get these specific ones fit on and ask someone else to do it for me :D

So yeah it can take two years while I wanted to do it during the first season..
I just put the fifth set of grips on my irons.. In 16 years, though I must admit I've used them only six years.

Couldn't resist the deal on those SuperStroke grips, about $5 a piece!

Once a year, but sometimes more frequent on the clubs that get the most use, like the wedges.

Kinda jacking this thread, but has anyone played the "Sand Wrap" by Royal Grips? Played in a 4-man tournament this weekend and a friend of mine had them on his irons. Good Lord, these things are awesome! Very fair price, too.

Once a year and that seems to be working out, also when I treat the clubs to a good bath the grips get treated to some gripe love as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I switch them out when they get a bit of shine to them.

Back