Watches

Got my new winder in today. A Wolf Viceroy 2.7 So far very impressed has some great storage as well.

2802510cb18beb0325b03ca2c0127eb0.jpg

cdf0a6d13720b446999bb6df5a9d933d.jpg

3b0dd790bfc973989ce9305ddd15aed9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive always been interested in watches but have yet to find one that fits comfortably and doesn't look atrocious on my thin wrist. (I have girly arms...) the face is always way to big and the bracelet band always pinches/digs in cause it wont curve around correctly.

I have been casually looking for a small face (30-34mm) analog with chrono and leather strap but have yet to find a design I am really in love with

Lightning, that Omega is glorious. Someday, I will own one.

Ive always been interested in watches but have yet to find one that fits comfortably and doesn't look atrocious on my thin wrist. (I have girly arms...) the face is always way to big and the bracelet band always pinches/digs in cause it wont curve around correctly.

I have been casually looking for a small face (30-34mm) analog with chrono and leather strap but have yet to find a design I am really in love with

I've got about 6.25" wrists (pretty damn small) and I wear anywhere from 40-45mm without too much trouble, and they're pretty comfy. Do you just prefer a small face for aesthetics? 30mm is pretty damn small.

Been going back and forth between an Oyster and Tag Heuer Aquaracer.

I don't really need either one but working my tail off is paying off decently and feel like a treat myself is in order.

The owner of our company wants me to sell a couple of watches for him. The 1st two are:

Bedat No. 8 with Gold Bezel and Braided Croc Strap
IMG_0252_zpsfigvmyuj.jpg

And a Jaeger LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin
IMG_0268_zpshukphyf5.jpg

That Jaeger is gorgeous. If I had the money required I'd be interested haha

I've always been an analog watch guy but lately I've been wearing my Omega Seamaster that my wife gave me for an anniversary gift, less and my Apple watch more. I've been on a fitness kick and find myself not taking my Apple watch off after a workout - I just keep it on for the rest of the day. I also like it for taking phone calls inside my house. I live in a very hilly area with spotty cell coverage and if I bring my phone inside my house I lose cell signal but if I leave my phone in in my car in the garage the signal is decent. The bluetooth connection between my Apple Watch is strong enough where I can receive/answer calls when I'm in my office on my Apple watch, which is pretty cool.

The Golf GPS apps work really well on the Apple watch as well.

15862-1.jpg
7853i6F6AB73BF3F3044F.jpeg

I wear a Casio Wave Ceptor to work that bought six years ago in KOHLS for $75. Very accurate instrument that is durable and looks sharp.
When I golf, I wear a Garmin S2. Simple and effective.

I've got the watch ich again, skibum have you heard much good about some 'germasian' brands like a Graf Zeppelin or Junkers? German made but with Minyota movements, Longislandwatch.com has a nice selection of them.

Been a long time lurker in this thread and finally got some pictures of my collection. Not a huge "high end" collector, but more so someone who appreciates a great looking watch.
Next year however I will be purchasing my first $1000+ watch for my 30th :0)
Most of the watches pictured below I honestly rarely wear, my every days are probably the Silver Invicta Pro Diver and the brown leather banded Timex (cost me $20 and I get so many compliments on it). I do love my Rose Gold Stuhrling Nemo, but don't wear black clothing really at work/ever to rock it more often. I also have a Bulova with a mesh metal strap not pictured. I sent it in recently b/c it stopped working and they want to charge me $100 to replace the whole movement. Which is more than half of what I paid for it, not sure if I'll get it fixed TBH.
Also I did just acquire a Citizen Nighthawk that I absolutely love! It will most likely take the reigns of my Invicta every day, it was between that or a Seiko SKX.
Anyways on to the pics!
VUKlwsdl.jpg

ASJkxp4l.jpg

Last edited:
Ditched my tag aqua racer for an Apple Watch. Well, didn't ditch but need to sell. It's just sitting in my watch winder.

Been a long time lurker in this thread and finally got some pictures of my collection. Not a huge "high end" collector, but more so someone who appreciates a great looking watch.
Next year however I will be purchasing my first $1000+ watch for my 30th :0) Most of the watches pictured below I honestly rarely wear, my every days are probably the Silver Invicta Pro Diver and the brown leather banded Timex (cost me $20 and I get so many compliments on it). I do really love my Rose Gold Stuhrling Nemo, but don't wear black clothing really at work/ever to rock it more often. I also have a Bulova with a mesh metal strap not pictured. I sent it in recently b/c it stopped working and they want to charge me $100 to replace the whole movement. Which is more than half of what I paid for it, not sure if I'll get it fixed TBH.
I did just acquire the Citizen Nighthawk that I absolutely love! It will most likely take the reigns of my every day, it was between that or a Seiko SKX.
Anyways on to the pics!
VUKlwsdl.jpg

ASJkxp4l.jpg
That's a nice collection Joe. Regardless of prices you have some nice looking time pieces.

Thanks Jimmy! What type of watch looks good to a person is all subjective. Whether you spend $10k or $10 on a watch, if you love it wear it proudly.

I've got the watch ich again, skibum have you heard much good about some 'germasian' brands like a Graf Zeppelin or Junkers? German made but with Minyota movements, Longislandwatch.com has a nice selection of them.
I've heard pretty good things about Junkers (despite the name LOL) - not very familiar with Graf Zeppelin. Miyotas are sold workhorses in most cases, so I wouldn't worry there. And Long Island Watch is solid, bought my Orient Star from them.

Sorry I don't know more! Considering any particular models?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I've heard pretty good things about Junkers (despite the name LOL) - not very familiar with Graf Zeppelin. Miyotas are sold workhorses in most cases, so I wouldn't worry there. And Long Island Watch is solid, bought my Orient Star from them.

Sorry I don't know more! Considering any particular models?

Not in particular except the Zeppelin Hindenburg, I'm just in the browsing stage right now.

Not in particular except the Zeppelin Hindenburg, I'm just in the browsing stage right now.

It sure looks classy, that's for sure. Looks like Worn and Wound has a review up on that model, check it out, they've got some nice things to say.

It sure looks classy, that's for sure. Looks like Worn and Wound has a review up on that model, check it out, they've got some nice things to say.

Thank you much, I'll check that out.

Yep, as I thought, I'm out. Hahaha GLWS! It's a beauty.

It is an elegant little watch, and probably would look great with a business suit. Not my taste though - he does have a nice Breitling I wouldn't mind him giving to me (fat chance of that!)

It is an elegant little watch, and probably would look great with a business suit. Not my taste though - he does have a nice Breitling I wouldn't mind him giving to me (fat chance of that!)

Yeah, that would be the issue for me as well, as I hardly ever dress up more than slacks and a button down. Couldn't see dropping that kind of cash on a watch I'd rarely wear.

Right now I can't drop it on anything, but eventually I might on something I could wear every day - Omega Speedmaster or Seamaster are top choices for me. Or possibly something from Nomos Glashutte.

I dont own one watch. I know nothing about watches. I need some help from you guys. I want to keep it under 300 and I like leather bands. What should I be looking at?

At that price point, if you're looking to keep something for a long time, you should be looking at a pre-owned Hamilton.

If you don't care about the mechanics, and just want it for looks, get whatever catches your eye!

At that price point, if you're looking to keep something for a long time, you should be looking at a pre-owned Hamilton.

If you don't care about the mechanics, and just want it for looks, get whatever catches your eye!

I want something that will last that I will keep. I went through and looked at some Hamiltons and there are some nice ones on ebay but I liked the vintage omegas a little better.

Back