Rubber just irritates my skin and isn't comfortable at all. For a diver, which I don't have anymore, my Chums Wide is what was most comfortable when going dry to wet to dry.

00020100.jpg

Has anyone seen the new version of the Citizen golf watch?? I walked into my jeweler to have my band adjusted and this was sitting in the case. It's now on my xmas list! It looks REALLY good in person as the black golf ball on the dial really pops.
115796b6195ad488ce279329f4cc5848.jpg

OMG!! I really really want that Citizen golf.

Wait... I WILL have that. Goodness gracious.

The golf one is nice, but I REALLY like that Eco-Drive Diver 300m on the upper right! I think it's probably the same one I've ogled many times previously. The blue second hand and sunburst pattern on the dial just pop for me.
I'm with you on that. love that blue second hand.

I would really like that golf one too. seems pretty reasonable to. I don't have any nice watches yet but I think it would be nice to just have a few.

Has anyone seen the new version of the Citizen golf watch?? I walked into my jeweler to have my band adjusted and this was sitting in the case. It's now on my xmas list! It looks REALLY good in person as the black golf ball on the dial really pops.
115796b6195ad488ce279329f4cc5848.jpg
WANT.

$295 on the website.
I see nothing wrong with this. I wish I had a jeweler friend who'd sell it to me for $175 though...

WANT.

I see nothing wrong with this. I wish I had a jeweler friend who'd sell it to me for $175 though...

I'm going to stop by there again tomorrow to "check" on it... Credit cards were made for using right?

Gorgeous watch, I don't know that much about Omegas but I bet that gets bid way up from there

I would be very careful. It looks pretty good overall and the guy has 100% positive feedback, but his comment that it may be +/- 2 minutes a day is a little worrisome (no reason a vintage Omega shouldn't keep to less than +/-10 seconds a day). Honestly, if you buy something like this, I'd look at having a full service/inspection of the movement done upon receiving to make sure everything is OK. Fakes USUALLY aren't as big of a problem with vintage watches as they are with the modern more popular models, but they are definitely out there.

Also, I'd expect that price to continue climbing...

The big thing with vintage watches is you need to do your research and just like a used car, expect to drop some cash on that movement over time...

Damn....you dude are high rollers.....watches don't last for me in my line of work....
To be fair I have a beater smith and Wesson watch for work. My nice watches don't see that type of abuse lol

Damn....you dude are high rollers.....watches don't last for me in my line of work....

That's why I decided a long time ago to work inside and not outside

I would be very careful. It looks pretty good overall and the guy has 100% positive feedback, but his comment that it may be +/- 2 minutes a day is a little worrisome (no reason a vintage Omega shouldn't keep to less than +/-10 seconds a day). Honestly, if you buy something like this, I'd look at having a full service/inspection of the movement done upon receiving to make sure everything is OK. Fakes USUALLY aren't as big of a problem with vintage watches as they are with the modern more popular models, but they are definitely out there.

Also, I'd expect that price to continue climbing...

The big thing with vintage watches is you need to do your research and just like a used car, expect to drop some cash on that movement over time...
I take a long time to actually make decisions so I wont do anything to hasty. Especially as my wife gave me the ok to increase the budget on one. I just want something unique that would wouldnt see everyday and really drawn to the Omegas for some reason

If we really wanted to step it up we could go this route

d8bf322873392aaaaec6cbf53a717956.jpg

I had my watch buffed and polished this week , best 100 I ever spent, it looks great

I take a long time to actually make decisions so I wont do anything to hasty. Especially as my wife gave me the ok to increase the budget on one. I just want something unique that would wouldnt see everyday and really drawn to the Omegas for some reason
I'm with you there man, I have always been drawn to Omega as well. And that's a gorgeous example, so long as everything checks out. Hope I helped!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Love my Citizen EcoDrive Chrono, but that new Golf edition will be looked at closely at my local jeweler tomorrow if it is in the store. Having the stem on the inside is a little bit of a worry for me though. I understand the concept, but for daily wear I could see it bothering me. I had a dive watch like that once and had to let it go. The overall profile thickness will be the determining factor probably. Man does it look good though!
41d4022e912c3e3a29669c01b859c30e_zps6slxz2sy.jpg

JM

My other orange automatic orient mako. Great watches for the price
b7eb80305661967739764ad074d27954.jpg

My Eco drive takes a beating and I was worried about the it but it has survived the trenches of the firehouse, towing/recovery, heavy hauling and cabinet shop work like a champ. Think I'm buying another one soon.

I have a soft spot for Connies, especially pie pans. Check out this site for everything you could ever want to know about them http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/ great reference in helping spot fakes, re-dials, and the like.

Back