How Old Are Your Grips?

My grips are about 2.5 years old. I didn't thing they were to bad until I put them side by side with my UTx im putting on my other clubs that is. They are smooth as. any wonder the club probably slips a little. I also washed them often which helped a little but im thinking time to change them out.

Just changed mine Thursday sooooo 2 days old. I change them every six months or so.

I change my grips twice a year, once at the beginning of the season and once in the middle of the season. One of the perks to working in a golf shop is that I get a good deal on the grips and I can install them myself.

4 rounds . I usually change grips every off season. I hate worn grips.

What I like to do is buy 2 or 3 grips a month and put them to the side this way when it's time to change it doesn't hit you with that $100 charge. Usually I do it when I'm in GG and have a coupon since they send you a new one just about every month.

I try to change them in the beginning of the season - I like to start fresh every year.

i change grips at least twice a year so mine are less than a month old

Replaced mine last year, but they have held up pretty well. They are starting to wear though and I have a set of UTX to replace them. However I want to reshaft first, so hopefully they will last the year.

The grips on my irons are new because my set is new, but I will probably regrip them this fall and then replace the grips every winter

Also when the good grips like golf pride and Lamkin are about $25 each over here, they are not cheap to do every few months.

My grips are a couple months old. I change my grips 3 times a year. Even if your grips arent showing wear patterns, they are still absorbing the dirt, grease and oil from your hands and should be replaced regularly.

Around 2 years. (Playing 3 rounds a month)

Usually once a year . And I grip my own , last time I took them for a grip change they put them on backward . This was at a high end club too . Took them off and regripped myself ever since

I'm going onto my 2nd year with my Irons, 1st with wedges and hybrid. All were bought second hand so no telling really how long they were on/played with before I bought them. Everything will be re-gripped during the winter months however.

I'm going onto my 2nd year with my Irons, 1st with wedges and hybrid. All were bought second hand so no telling really how long they were on/played with before I bought them. Everything will be re-gripped during the winter months however.

go nd. .. Just got a pair of tickets to stanford game woot ..

You by spring meadow farms golf course or elcona ?

go nd. .. Just got a pair of tickets to stanford game woot ..

You by spring meadow farms golf course or elcona ?

Roughly 10-15 mins from both.

Roughly 10-15 mins from both.
Christiana creek and old orchard too . Played them all man , million times . I'm in laporte , and won't travel out of area until everything is fine with my family . Good golfers there too. .. Enjoy beautiful beautiful area . Hope your having a great season

I change drivers or shafts before I need a grip change. My irons I change every 100 rounds or so. I change irons every 3 years or so.

I haven't changed my grips in my irons for 2 years.. Still feel fine. My wedges however, especially my 54 could use some fresh grips.. They are my favourite ckubs to practice with.

basically every year. I need sticky due to dry hands. Lamkin

change once a year, i use gripes about every 5-6 round, i have tour wraps, great except in the rain

insiders tip!!! i cant tell you the number of times a customer has come in asking for new grips and we have been able to take their clubs in the back and give the grips a good washing with soap and water to make them as good as new. saves the customer $100 and lets them know that we are looking out for them.
grips pick up oil from your skin over time and in a lot of cases all they need is to be cleaned. especially something like a tour wrap. give it a shot before you drop some cash on grips that you dont need.

Mine is 3 years old, and they still look like new : soft , black, grippy. ( Probably my grips are still in good conditions because from hand lotion I use everyday when I am doing mini practices at home ).

Last edited:
insiders tip!!! i cant tell you the number of times a customer has come in asking for new grips and we have been able to take their clubs in the back and give the grips a good washing with soap and water to make them as good as new. saves the customer $100 and lets them know that we are looking out for them.
grips pick up oil from your skin over time and in a lot of cases all they need is to be cleaned. especially something like a tour wrap. give it a shot before you drop some cash on grips that you dont need.

I agree with this 100%, I am using the GP CP2 wrap grips they are nice and tacky when clean but pick up everything off your hands, oil dirt etc.. I wash them every couple of weeks using dawn dish washing soup and a nylon brush my grips are 5 months old and feel like new. I love these grips but the tackiness does go away quickly if you don't keep them clean.

Back