Arccos vs. Game Golf

TM_Bobby723

Reaction score
Handicap
+
Curious on both of these systems. Does anyone own one or had the chance to play with either of them? Just looking for some thoughts, ease of use & feedback.

Thanks!

I have had both, if you have Apple the Arccos is the better option IMO.

No tagging, I got better/ more accurate readings from it. If you don't mind having your phone in your pocket it is a breeze. Also, you are able to edit shots on your phone during the round, unlike Game Golf.

I have had both, if you have Apple the Arccos is the better option IMO.

No tagging, I got better/ more accurate readings from it. If you don't mind having your phone in your pocket it is a breeze. Also, you are able to edit shots on your phone during the round, unlike Game Golf.

Well, I have an HTC android phone, but I have 2 iMac's. Do they allow you to track your stats on a desktop or is it phone only?

Well, I have an HTC android phone, but I have 2 iMac's. Do they allow you to track your stats on a desktop or is it phone only?

Pretty sure you need an iPhone (doesn't need to be attached to a phone plan) to track your shots with the GPS. You can look at the stats on line (and I love the layout of their website) but to get the data you need an iPhone or an iPad with GPS.

You can't use it on course without an iPhone. Doesn't need to be setup with data but you would need one with the app installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I like GG as I have a Note 4 phone so no Apple and even if it worked with Android, I wouldn't want to carry my phone on me while golfing.

I really like Arccos but if you have android, makes it real tough right now.

I don't think I would use game golf, just because I would not want to have to tag each shot or have something on my belt. I also don't mind having my iPhone in my pocket while I play but it really bugs some people.

Yeah, I can't do the phone in the pocket while playing thing, either. Mine is always hanging from my push cart in a Crown Royal bag.

Thanks for all the input, fellas. I guess I'm leaning towards not getting either of these & maybe just try tracking things myself on a scorecard, then keep record of it. That would get REALLY tedious, I'm sure. :banghead:

Also I believe you have to click the club attachment thing before each shot. To me that would be tedious. Also the guy at the shop told me that essentially you tap the club sensor than have to hold the club until you get to your ball. Otherwise if you put it back in your bag you run the risk of the sensor bring clicked. Odd design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've owned both and HATED game golf. Tagging was such a PITA. I hated wearing the device on my belt and my two rounds I used it were so off in regards to accurate strokes that I shelved it.

I then purchased Arccos last November and LOVE it. The statistics are amazing and the software just keeps getting better. I'm a beta tester and the newest beta software is phenomenal. It always picks up putts and editing shots is ridiculously easy although I rarely have to do so. Plus the customer service is amazing. I've received a response back within hours of any questions or comments submitted and I received a replacement sensor that kept killing the battery within days of emailing them.

My only complaint about Arccos is that I was running into issues with the sensors falling off. They kept catching on my bag when pulling clubs out. I used electrically tape to keep them in place. However I regrouped my clubs last month and the sensors stay in place with no tape now.

Arccos >>>>>>>>>> Game Golf IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think everyone is overstating the difficulty of tagging in Game Golf. After a few rounds it becomes automatic. The belt unit is very light and small and does not get in the way. I find it less intrusive than having my phone in my pocket. I think they are both good options that are very useful. I went with Game Golf because it was cheaper and I didn't want to have to deal with changing batteries in the club sensors on Arccos. They both have limitations but don't let that stop you from picking one and using it. I find the data very helpful.

I think everyone is overstating the difficulty of tagging in Game Golf. After a few rounds it becomes automatic. The belt unit is very light and small and does not get in the way. I find it less intrusive than having my phone in my pocket. I think they are both good options that are very useful. I went with Game Golf because it was cheaper and I didn't want to have to deal with changing batteries in the club sensors on Arccos. They both have limitations but don't let that stop you from picking one and using it. I find the data very helpful.

I'm not overstating the tagging at all for me. It was the dumbest, most PITA feature. I carried my phone in my pocket pre-arccos anyway. Wearing the gamegolf sensor was the biggest issue moreso so than the tagging. I just don't feel comfortable clipping anything to my belt.

In regards to batteries - I've changed all of them once and have 100+ rounds recorded on Arccos.

Unbelievable that arrcos doesn't support android.

1 - it seems a pain when you start but you do get used to it. It becomes second nature and if you forget, it is easy to add in later on edit

2 - I wholeheartedly agree. the GG device is tiny and I forget it is there - my phone is large and, for me, it would cumbersome to have on my body while golfing without it making me feel awkward when swinging a club.

Different strokes for different folks. Love my GG. Arccos looks cool, but ... iPhone.

Selling my Arccos, i love it, but need some money for kid on the way. Its lightly used, purchased mid way through summer, jas an extra set of batteries. Pm me if interested.

Please keep all sales to the marketplace section of the forum. Thank you.

Curious on both of these systems. Does anyone own one or had the chance to play with either of them? Just looking for some thoughts, ease of use & feedback.

Thanks!

I tried GameGolf this year and really liked it. Tagging wasn't an issue for me at all. It actually got ingrained into my routine pretty quickly. I haven't used Arccos before, so can't comment on that. Some posted a link to the Arccos thread above. There is also a pretty long GamGolf thread that you can check out:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41727

I have had Game Golf for 2 weeks and absolutely love it! I dont find it intrusive, but I can see where other people might.

I've had Game Golf since mid-June and playing 5 days/week (weather permitting) tagging has become practically automatic. I looked at the Arccos system and the sensors looked bulkier and require batteries, and the promotional video also talked about holding clubs a certain way (grip down?) for some reason and to be careful not to let the clubs bump against each other. I wear the belt unit on my left/lead hip and don;t even notice it is there.

Back