The Official Tiger Woods Thread

question, how do you know the landscape of their deal?
He made a salary and 10% of Tiger's winnings. The estimate I've read is somewhere around $10M. Apparently he also had endorsement deals during his tenure as well. He is not hurting for cash, that's for damn sure.

as a rule, caddies make 10% on wins, 5% on top 10s and 2% on made cuts. Some players have contracts in addition but I assure you those are very private.

Okay...sounds like Williams was making more than I thought!

Last edited:
I am not a Tiger fan, never have been and never will be but it doesn't mean that I appreciate people trying to profit from him like Hank Haney did and Stevie is doing now. I did not buy Hanks book and I will certainly not buy Steve's book either but I am sure many will which is to bad. To me just from some of the discussions going on it makes Steve look bad, like a real whiner in my opinion. Adam Scott needs to drop the guy but he probably won't because he thinks Steve will help him win.

I think Steve Williams is far more justified than Haney ever was as they spent a TON of time together. The fact that TW and his management registered to issue a statement clearing Steve of wrong doing etc was terrible and IMO nullified the friendship he and TW had. He's telling it as it were and I see no problem with it. I bet he'd never have done the book the way he has if he'd been handled better throughout the ordeal.

Video makes my ears bleed.. But no doubt, it is all about the money. maybe a little revenge thrown in there.

I'll withhold judgment until I read the book, which I probably will since I like Tiger and reading about him, but some of the excerpts make Steve appear as though he's completely lacking any self awareness.

Williams comes off as a petulant jackass to me. He is PO'd because he didn't get a public statement from Tiger? He didn't like that he had to pick up clubs when Tiger tossed them in a particular way? Grow up. For as much as I'm not a fan of Tiger, I just found someone I dislike more.

I kind of want to read his book, though I'm not sure it will be as good as Haney's

I kind of want to read his book, though I'm not sure it will be as good as Haney's

Agreed. Although it will be nice to read another persons perspective but I'll wait alittle to hear alittle more before purchasing

If you are a fan of Tiger at all, this interview is a must-read. It's as open as Tiger has ever been: http://time.com/tiger/?xid=tcoshare

One of the more interesting answers he gave is here. As a golf fan, I hate to read it. But as a father, I love to read it.

What’s it like when you contemplate the possibility that you’re not going to be able to play again?

Anyone I’ve ever talked to who has had procedures like I’ve had, they say the same thing: you don’t know. With a joint, you know. With a nerve, you just don’t know. I’ve talked to Peyton [Manning] about his neck and what he’s going through. It’s tough as athletes, when you just don’t know. The most important thing, though, is that I get to have a life with my kids. That’s more important than golf. I’ve come to realize that now.

Loved it.

My favorite question and answer from that:

Do you ever wish your name weren’t Tiger?
Put it this way. I’m glad my dad didn’t name me Richard. That would be a long day. Tiger is O.K., but Richard would have been tough.

Maybe TW is a THPer after all?

That was a fantastic read.

Absolutely terrific interview.

What a fantastic read. I loved it.

Really good read. Some fun nuggets in there.

That was a great interview. It's great that he's realized how important being a father who is active in his kids' lives is.

I enjoyed reading that. I think we'll see more of it as the years go by and Tiger gets older

What a great, down to earth interview. I love that he talks about his kids the way he does. THAT is your legacy, Tiger. Be proud.

If you are a fan of Tiger at all, this interview is a must-read. It's as open as Tiger has ever been: http://time.com/tiger/?xid=tcoshare

One of the more interesting answers he gave is here. As a golf fan, I hate to read it. But as a father, I love to read it.

Really liked really this clarification:

"That was it. That was the list. It was all age-related. To me, that was important. This guy’s the best out there and the best of all time. If I can beat each age that he did it, then I have a chance at being the best."

Absolutely loved that read.

Damn what a good read. Two things stick out to me.
1.) he wasn't allowed in Augusta in shorts
2.) he peaked at 11 haha

Back