Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

Nice. I've heard awesome things.

You've been mentioning some pretty big name courses recently. Are you willing to share how you're getting on? Also, I'm always available if you need an extra!

Nice. I've heard awesome things.

You've been mentioning some pretty big name courses recently. Are you willing to share how you're getting on? Also, I'm always available if you need an extra!

Let's play somewhere Friday, k?

Let's play somewhere Friday, k?

I'm flying back from New Orleans late Thursday, so probably couldn't get to the course early enough to make 18.

Reciprocals

That's great. Do you belong some where in the Philly area? I was a ember of Phoenixville for a few years when I worked in the area.

Man I wish I could get out during the week! The only day off I have is on Sunday.

Man I wish I could get out during the week! The only day off I have is on Sunday.
I save a few vacation days for this time of year for weather like this.

That's exactly what I did. Want to play Mercer Oaks around 8?
No can do this week. Maybe next week. How bout Makfield Highlands next?
Plus my new sticks don't get here until Friday. My others may be gone tomorrow.

I'm thinking of playing Wed. if anyone is interested. White Clay has some good deals right now, maybe check out Back Creek since I've never played there before, but I'm generally open to other courses too.

I'm thinking of playing Wed. if anyone is interested. White Clay has some good deals right now, maybe check out Back Creek since I've never played there before, but I'm generally open to other courses too.
I'm in ponder mode. Won't be able to make call until tomorrow.

What time? WCC would work for me but it would have to be morningish.

Played White Clay Saturday with my buds for my birthday Saturday. If we had had a second tee time I was gonna PM you and Mitch, but we only had one. Course was in pretty good shape - a few sections of fairways still had some aeration holes, and some of the greens were maybe a little "thin," but it was definitely worth the 61.00! Problem is, if you play tomorrow, after this rain, it will probably be a marsh...

That's a great point about the rain, Don. WCC is a mess with any water. Thinking about switching to Wyncote.

That's a great point about the rain, Don. WCC is a mess with any water. Thinking about switching to Wyncote.

Great call there Chris- it was in great shape last time I played there! Off season rates, and it drains well too - win!

Ok me and Mitch are playing Wyncote at 1240 tomorrow. 2 spots available if anyone would like to join.

Wyncote is a solid track. Have fun tomorrow. Nice to see Mitch playing golf again

Thanks buddy. Didn't realize you switched your user name. Hope all is well.

Have fun guys.

If anyone wants to play or meet up in the future, just shoot me a text.

For anyone in the Philly/South Jersey area, I've posted from time to time on Cobbs Creek Olde, a municipal course within city limits that was designed by Hugh Wilson (architect of Merion), which hosted majors way back in the hey day.

The course has a tortured history, which includes the US military occupying it and altering it significantly to install missile silos.

A few years ago, a private group raised a significant find to restore the course to its original design, hiring Gil Hanse to do the plans, and cleared all environmental issues to make it work. The design would turn the other 18 holes into a 9 hole course and utilize some of it to lengthen the course to PGA tournament standards. I think the whole idea is to revitalize the course similar to Bethpage and make it one of the better public courses to play.

While everything had been ready to go, the hold up has been with the City. They only want to grant a 25 year lease while the private group wants a 99 year lease. This lease is for control/maintenance pretty much.

At any rate, we just had elections here and apparently the newly elected mayor means there's a good chance of this happening. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

For anyone in the Philly/South Jersey area, I've posted from time to time on Cobbs Creek Olde, a municipal course within city limits that was designed by Hugh Wilson (architect of Merion), which hosted majors way back in the hey day.

The course has a tortured history, which includes the US military occupying it and altering it significantly to install missile silos.

A few years ago, a private group raised a significant find to restore the course to its original design, hiring Gil Hanse to do the plans, and cleared all environmental issues to make it work. The design would turn the other 18 holes into a 9 hole course and utilize some of it to lengthen the course to PGA tournament standards. I think the whole idea is to revitalize the course similar to Bethpage and make it one of the better public courses to play.

While everything had been ready to go, the hold up has been with the City. They only want to grant a 25 year lease while the private group wants a 99 year lease. This lease is for control/maintenance pretty much.

At any rate, we just had elections here and apparently the newly elected mayor means there's a good chance of this happening. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Sounds great!!

Back