Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Irons Preview

Much much more on these very, very, soon.

Much much more on these very, very, soon.

this guy is happy to hear that. These irons will be a huge ponder next year

These are below your pay grade anyway, and the 100s definitely have that sharp chrome finish.

I'm not sure how these would be below my pay grade......they seem to be a lateral move from the V4s

I'm not sure how these would be below my pay grade......they seem to be a lateral move from the V4s

I think they fit into the better player side of the crossover category. (FCD). They offer plenty of forgiveness while giving guys the feel and distance they want. I had a nice quick chat about them with Doug from W/S.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So is it safe to assume that the FG Tour F5 was not the iron given out at the Proto event?

Hit these at #StaffProto. I thought the look at address was great, matte finish was nice. A consistent iron striker certainly should keep these in mind. Off-center hits still felt decent.

Really like the fairly classic look packed with tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really like the look of these but until I see them locally it doesn't matter. I know people keep saying distribution will be better but 2015 had come and gone and still nothing for 175 miles here. I heard the same comments about how they were working on improving the local presence a year ago. Such a shame as I would immediately be drawn to these.

Really like the look of these but until I see them locally it doesn't matter. I know people keep saying distribution will be better but 2015 had come and gone and still nothing for 175 miles here. I heard the same comments about how they were working on improving the local presence a year ago. Such a shame as I would immediately be drawn to these.

Road trip. It'll be worthwhile.

Will have these in hand this weekend, likely won't get pics up until Monday, but I'll do my best.

Will have these in hand this weekend, likely won't get pics up until Monday, but I'll do my best.

bill-murray-you-suck.jpg

With all due respect, of course. :D

This was my biggest complaint to Tim Clarke (Wilson Golf Prez) at #staffproto. They are aware of this. I'd say that as their marketshare increases look for them to hit more markets. I can't even get W/S balls or gloves where I'm at.

He also alluded to the fact that the more W/S grows the more they are going to pull out from lower end Wilson golf products (such as the Walmart specials). I feel they want to really become major players in the golf industry and they are definitely headed there.

This was my biggest complaint to Tim Clarke (Wilson Golf Prez) at #staffproto. They are aware of this. I'd say that as their marketshare increases look for them to hit more markets. I can't even get W/S balls or gloves where I'm at.

He also alluded to the fact that the more W/S grows the more they are going to pull out from lower end Wilson golf products (such as the Walmart specials). I feel they want to really become major players in the golf industry and they are definitely headed there.
I've already reached out to a couple people at W/S for the Upper Midwest Sales rep. My guy will carry most major brands, so it's worth it to try to get them connected. He picked up Bridgestone and Mizuno in the last couple months and probably is the only dealer for 100+ miles, so there is no reason he wouldn't carry Wilson. Then i could try the stuff real close to home. So much nicer when you don't have to rely on big box retailers to carry the stuff (all we have is GG and i know they won't be in there anytime soon).

My heart says i want f5s, but my head knows i should be playing the new C200 model when they get released.

I've already reached out to a couple people at W/S for the Upper Midwest Sales rep. My guy will carry most major brands, so it's worth it to try to get them connected. He picked up Bridgestone and Mizuno in the last couple months and probably is the only dealer for 100+ miles, so there is no reason he wouldn't carry Wilson. Then i could try the stuff real close to home. So much nicer when you don't have to rely on big box retailers to carry the stuff (all we have is GG and i know they won't be in there anytime soon).

My heart says i want f5s, but my head knows i should be playing the new C200 model when they get released.

You can play these. Plenty of help there for the mid-capper.

Luckily for me, I live in southern WI, so Madison, WI and Rockford, IL are near enough that there are a few places I can go to try out W/S clubs (e.g. Nevada Bob's).

The marketing director from W/S (Doug) that I met at #StaffProto was nice enough to let me know which places "should" have all the new W/S clubs in place come 2016.:fingers-crossed:

(Since you're in Appleton, we should try and play a round together at some point)

Luckily for me, I live in southern WI, so Madison, WI and Rockford, IL are near enough that there are a few places I can go to try out W/S clubs (e.g. Nevada Bob's).

The marketing director from W/S (Doug) that I met at #StaffProto was nice enough to let me know which places "should" have all the new W/S clubs in place come 2016.:fingers-crossed:

(Since you're in Appleton, we should try and play a round together at some point)

Was just thinking the same thing.

I'm hoping my friend who has a store would pickup the line. He carries most of the major brands and had little issue carrying more, adding a few lesser carried companies in 2015. I wanted the v4s badly but plans changed so I went another direction. In the market for irons again so these are a favorite.

I will be watching this thread for Jmans thoughts. I may not be in love with the finish. But I'm a fan of Wilson Staff and better scoring. Hahaha

I will be watching this thread for Jmans thoughts. I may not be in love with the finish. But I'm a fan of Wilson Staff and better scoring. Hahaha

I'm excited to get them in hand and talk about them dude. Having played the V4 and reviewed the M3's, I'm very curious. Plus, there is a heck of a story with these and that sole they are utilizing, lots of interesting tech here which you know I love to break down.

Glad to hear that you will have them in hand soon James. Looking forward to your thoughts.

I do know for a fact that I will be spending a lot of time (and probably money) at the W/S tent in March.

3c356383cfb3a06f2f9c26fd8c3f50c1.jpg

Do. Want. Badly.

Please post some feedback if you're able to. Really interested in hearing more about F5s.

Do. Want. Badly.

Please post some feedback if you're able to. Really interested in hearing more about F5s.
Full thread will go up when I get home, but, I'll have some thoughts up tonight for sure.

How are these size wise in comparison the the V4's?

How are these size wise in comparison the the V4's?
Longer heel to toe, little larger topline, very AP2 ish though in profile to my eye, one of those category irons. Best part is they've lessened the offset from the m3 and they sound what I would call plush.

Longer heel to toe, little larger topline, very AP2 ish though in profile to my eye, one of those category irons. Best part is they've lessened the offset from the m3 and they sound what I would call plush.

These are sounding like they are right up my alley.

Back