How Mixed Could You Go?

I have always had mixed woods. I could never mix an iron set (I didn’t even like combo sets). Wedges I only care about performance. These copper ones are the first matching set I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My hybrids don’t match the rest of my clubs. Driver, 3 wood , irons and wedges are all the same brand. I am pondering several different drivers now though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I think it would feel a little weird at first, I'd have no problem having that mixed of a bag

My bag used to be way more mixed, but I’m going to give monogamy a try with my Grandaddy Bag...

I'd like to think I could play an eclectic set of clubs but expect I would go into an OCD comma if I played a bag like JD. I would overanalyze every single club, over and over. I would rather have the assumption (even if wrong) that someone in the know put together a set or irons, for example, in a thoughtful way. That way I can play without overthinking my clubs. I can find other things to overthink. :bulgy-eyes:

having irons that weren't the same throughout the set, as well as wedges and woods would drive me batty! I could have as many as 4 oem's (putter, irons, woods, wedges). Even then, I typically want my wedges and putter to be the same oem.

If you are comfortable with the set and your cap is heading south or steady and you are happy, play away young man. Think of the sponsor opportunities, you'd have the most patched out shirt on the course.

Right now I have Ping, Mizuno, Srixon/Cleveland, Titleist, and Cobra in the bag. I have two brands of irons (Long irons mizuno, rest are Srixon) I split my wedges between Cleveland and Titleist. Ping for my putter (this probably could be any brand). Driver, Fairway and Hybrid are Cobra but all different generations so I could probably go with different brands but I like being able to easily change shafts.

Really with how good equipment is from all the brands you really can't go wrong. Most brands have stuff that compete throughout all the different segments. If you want to go one brand you can do it easily. If you want to go several different brands you can.

My OCD wants a bag full of one OEM. My club Ho never lets that happen :-((
I am now set for this season but I still have 3 OEM's.

As long as I was fitted and knew they were the right clubs. I could go all 14 different. Just same grips.

I can easily play different OEMs.

Cobra F7 driver and 3 wood
Currently Cobra XL irons and a Titleist TMB 3 Iron but I’ll be ordering my TaylorMade M4 irons today or this week
Cleveland RTX3 wedges and HB #1 putter
Srixon QStar Tours
Maxfli bag

I don’t need to have all my clubs from the same OEM

I have different OEMs now. Callaway GBB woods, Taylormade M4 irons, Callaway MD-PM wedges, Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #1 putter and Sun Mountain Front 9 bag.

I am all over, play what works.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back