adams fairway
cobra hybrid
bombtech iron
wilson irons
cleveland wedges
nike wedge
odyssey putter

that's 7(8) brands

I'm not sure where I fall. I used to want one brand through the bag or two at the most, but I've since relaxed on that front.
I currently have two types and brands of wedges in the bag but I'm not sure I could mix brands in an iron combo set. It even seems weird to me to have a hybrid be a different brand than the irons. All that said my current bag features 5 brands so who knows.

our rental clubs in Florida were all mixed up and they were all beat up and low quality. As long as the clubs are good I don't have too much of a problem but do like to stay similar. Currently have 4 OEMS

I have a decent variety. Need to update my signature though.
Driver Corba F8+
Fairway Cobra Amp Cell
Hybrids Amp Cell and Bio Cell
Irons Mizuno MP 68
46* Vokey
52* Cleveland
58* Cobra
Putter Odyssey

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Other than the set of irons, and even though they are all from the same OEM I do have different models among the driver, fairways, hybrids and wedges. Since I mix models I would not have an issue mixing brands if I found something that worked better, not just "as good",though.

My psyche pulls me two different directions regarding what equipment I have. My near obsession with symmetry and consistency tells me I should play clubs that are all the same brand. Ideally my clubs, bag, and all apparel would all be of the same brand. The side of me that wins is the one that is cheap. My clubs are a mixture of Cleveland, TaylorMade, and Tour Edge. My bag is a Burton. My apparel is either Oakley or Travis Matthew (and the two are NEVER mixed). My screwy shaped head determines what hat I wear, and right now the best fitting ones I can find are the Black Clover hats...fortunately I also thing they look really cool.

So...in a perfect world there would be no mixing in my bag. In the real world I play whatever falls into the very small overlap on the Venn diagram of “works for me” and “ridiculously cheap”.

I've mixed brands in fairway woods, hybrids and wedges numerous times. Never in irons although I have gone split set of different models within the same brand (Mizuno MX-200/MP-52).

Considering my willingness to do it with everything else, strangely, I'm not too fond of the idea wrt irons.

I can’t do it. I’m OCD when it comes to matching like clubs. I can’t even play a different driver from the fairway woods.

Could it with everything but the irons.

I must have it bad, because I couldn't do it. My putter is different along with the ball I play. Everything else is the same OEM!! OCD demands it to be that way lol!

I have all the same brand. I like the symmetry and it works for me.

I'm cool with a mixed bag. The majority of my bag is Callaway, right now (as you can see in my sig). I could possibly play a couple of different wedges but I'm not sure I would like mixing up my irons.

I have a pretty mixed bag right now:

Cally XR16 driver
Ping G25 3 wood
Titleist 4 hybrid
WS D200 5 iron
Cobra Fly Z + 6-G
Cleveland CBX 54+58
Oddysey putter

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Not all that long ago you would have been hard pressed to find more than 2 clubs in my bag from the same manufacture. These days my driver is a Cobra, 3W Adams, 4H Cobra 5W Cobra, 5-PW Adams, Wedges however are a mix, but I have thought about making a change there.

I’ve been OCD about keeping all the same brand for quite some time now but I just recently switched it up. Right now I have all TaylorMade metal woods and Callaway irons/wedges. It’s a setup I feel confident with which helps calm the OCD lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am ok with a mixed bag try and battle my OCD. But prefer a one company set

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I am ok with a mixed bag try and battle my OCD. But prefer a one company set

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

The all Cleveland bag must make that easy, I'd guess.

I could easily see the groups or clubs below coming from different sets or manufacturers. Honestly the manufacturers are building sets of their product they want us to mix nowadays so why wouldn't we take that to the next level and test every club?

Driver - I think we all would have the best driver for us regardless of the rest of the clubs in the bag

Putter - See above comment for driver

Fairway Wood - as a poor college kid I lived in the bargain bin so I had a mixed set of fairway woods for a long time no big deal, since I only carry a 3 wood now I don't care if it matches anything and if I added a 5 wood or something I would not care if they matched each other.

Hybrid - I only carry one and I can't see changing this soon

4-7 iron - I would want these to be the same personally. Just for gapping purposes. I imagine these would be a cavity back with forgiveness.

8 & 9 Iron - I would want these to be the same as each other, but they would not have to be the same as the 4-7 iron. I would feel very comfortable playing a players set here in these spots

PW - Could go from a wedge set or would be the same as 8 & 9 iron

GW & SW - I would like these to be the same as each other, but they could be different grinds and bounce

LW - could go with anything here, but I would be looking for versatility not forgiveness

My next iron set may very well be broken into 2 or 3 different groups. Would be harder to get the spacing right and might lead to having two 7 irons or something weird like that, but it could be more effective than the status quo imo.

Not very right now. I need to get past it at some point though (from an OCD stand point) hahahaa. I’ve been 1 brand in the bag for a long long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry about that : )

hahahahahaah its not a problem in my book. i was missing a hahaha in the last post :)

I currently have 3 brands in the bag, but I would play 15 brands (including clubs and ball), if I thought it would give me a better score.

I have had mixed setups between driver and woods (a lot). I currently have mixed hybrids. I think I tried a mixed iron set for a while but it didn't stick. That was probably a one time experiment. I don't think I have had mixed wedges and doubt I would.

Back