Game improvement driver

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Have you ever swapped out your driver for a new driver and had the new driver become a game and scoring improvement driver for you. If so what was your old driver, and what is the driver you upgraded to that changed your game?

Or maybe you might have found out that your new driver doesn't produce as good of results for you as the new driver you bought and you went back to your old driver. If that was your situation then what drivers were they?

Which of the above two instances best fit you and what drivers were they?

Played a 2017 M2 10* regular shafted driver. Saw, and read about, the Ping G400 Low Spin Tech (LST) driver. Tested a 10* LST with the Alta CB regular shaft and then the Ping Tour 65 regular shaft. Bought the LST 10* driver with the Ping Tour 65 regular shaft and haven't looked back or thought about another driver. Longer, straighter, better feel and outstanding results off the heel and toe compared to the previous driver.

I've tried quite a few drivers, hoping to find one that I can hit consistently well. I've tried Ping, TM, Cobra, Callaway. Can't seem to hit any of them well. Currently, I'm trying to groove a TM SLDR mini as my driver. It seems to be doing OK.

Overlooked, possibly due to cost, but the TEE XJ1 is as forgiving and long as anything out there.

Black Cobra Fly Z. I've always had trouble with the length of a driver due to my height (5'3) but I was always able to hit the crap out of this club. Long, low, dead straight 90% of the time. Wish I never gave it to my dad lol.

Have yet to find a game improvement driver...could be just me. The driver is a head on a stick that only responds to user input. I know...boring.

Epic with stiff Matrix Black Tie 6M3 shaft has been a game changer for me.

Previous driver(s) was the original Bombtech Grenade with x-flex Aldila RIP Beta shaft or Cobra ZL Encore with assorted shafts, x-flex Fuji Fuel Tour Spec being one.

The Epic isn't any longer really off the screws than the others but its cumulative distance, pure strike to impure one, is certainly superior.

The accuracy offered is the real winner. Game improvement driver.

This driver is both long, accurate and forgiving. It's a 45.5" driver with a Callaway System 60 firm shaft. The most interesting thing about this driver is that I found it sticking out of someones trash can on trash day, so you can't beat the price.

DaLdscJUQAE_yfq.jpg:large

Last edited:
I had a driver fitting and went from a Women's Tour Edge Reaction 3 from a set to a Women's Callaway Rogue 13.5. Major difference for me. I'm sure it's a combination of the higher loft and the newer technology, but the more I play with it the better I get.

It's funny - with each of the last four drivers I've bought, I've put successively more effort into selection, and the results have been successively better. Since 2009, I've gone Cobra S3 offset to Nike SQ to Ping G15 to Callaway GBB to Ping G400 Max.

Bought a Cobra F8 strictly off of THP reviews, and said bye-bye to my Big Bertha Fusion. The F8 has been a solid performer for me - driver is no longer the weak link in my bag.

Bought a Cobra F8 strictly off of THP reviews, and said bye-bye to my Big Bertha Fusion. The F8 has been a solid performer for me - driver is no longer the weak link in my bag.

Pretty cool to meet the guys that designed that one too

Pretty cool to meet the guys that designed that one too

I remember Mike discussing the "next great driver" at last year's MC - - guess he was correct!! :rockon:

Back