Update if anyone is interested.

I reached out to Vokey wedgeworks who asked for pictures and since then they have put it back in Titleist UK’s hands. A representative emailed me to say he’d get back to me early last week and I received an email saying he would call me on Thursday to discuss, I heard nothing and he emailed to say it would be Friday and I never got the call but an email saying he was very busy and he would call me 10am on Monday and I heard nothing so I emailed them and said I’ll send the wedges back and he agreed to have them uplifted from me tomorrow.

Can’t say I am impressed at all so far with their standard of service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you heard any further? Curious how this cones to fruition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, very interesting thread
o.png

I will 100% concur with this. I have three pretty strong thoughts after reading this thread.

1. There are some folks on here calling a mans integrity into question over very little to go on. I always hate to see that. Some have points, whether valid or not it pains me a little to see this here. It'll take me a whole helluva a lot more than reading what the OP has written here before I'd go there. I don't like that turn, not at all. If I only make one point then this is it.

2. Unless OP is a chronic warranty claim with Titliest, this is a fail on their end from a Customer Service standpoint. (this is no judgement on OP, none at all-just saying that if it's a chronic issue, then that is the only reason that I can agree with Titleist and their stance on this one).

3. I don't really see how this will effect playability. I personally think Titleist should no question replace them (unless 2 is in play which only the OP knows for sure and again, this is not a condemnation of him-if in doubt read 1, :) ).

I'd probably be a little perturbed if I was in OP's situation. But at the end of the day nothing I have seen would effect the way the clubs play.

The bigger issue in my mind is folks calling into question another's integrity. That upsets me some and it isn't even mine that's being called into question. Please only do so as a last resort and with 100% proof. I've been on the receiving end of that nonsense before and it isn't fun.

Vokey issue

Simple fact....regardless of who or what removed the finish, no manufacturer (of any product) is going to honor a warranty on a product that was altered that significantly.

Also, in looking at your photo there appears to be the letters N and D stamped on the back of the iron. Those letters don’t appear on a Vokey SM7 wedge. You sure those are Vokey wedges?

Last edited:
Back