What part of your game suffers most - when you're hungover?

JayB

Reaction score
Handicap
My Saturday started a bit rough thanks to a late Friday night at the Billy Joel concert. I finally dragged myself off the couch to go play a round to shake off the hangover. Most of the game was serviceable, but my putting was atrocious. I didn't make a first putt at all. In fact I think i didn't leave myself less than 4' for my second once. I'm pretty sure I 3 jacked 15 of 18 holes.

So what part of your game goes to seed when you're banged up from the previous night?

Oh putting for sure. If it was a real rough night, by the time I get to the green I just want the hole to be over and blast putts 15 feet by trying to make everything to end it.

Not sure, sometimes it helps as I tend to be slower. Coffee is the killer for me. But most likely if I am hungover it would be more the finesse shots like putting or a nice 1/2 swing wedge or iron that would go in the tank

Lucky I guess, haven't had a drink in years. When I did though, short game was a problem.

I tend to play better haha. The round at the Gauntlet I had after feeling like death when I woke up was one of my best rounds that year.

speed and distance. i move realllllllllllly slow after i've tied one on.

Accuracy and Distance

Driver just totally leaves me.

Pedialyte......back in the game boys

I actually play a bit better most times when hungover. Sounds weird but i think the hangover slows me down a bit as I get a little quick with the driver at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Temperament and my swing. When I'm hungover, my coordination is just a tad slow so I will usually miss all over the place.

Lucky I guess, haven't had a drink in years. When I did though, short game was a problem.

Yeah, by the time I started to play golf my days of imbibing were long over. But I don't need to be nursing a hangover to have a part of my game suffer. Maybe I should go back to drinking...

I have to say that my attitude takes a hit, and the mental focus to think through a shot. Many times when I'm hungover I get mentally lazy and just go hit.

Whiskey

I have no idea!

What part of your game suffers most - when you're hungover?

Typically after a long night of drinking prior to teeing off I just drink more during the round to shake the hangover...

Last edited:
I actually play a bit better most times when hungover. Sounds weird but i think the hangover slows me down a bit as I get a little quick with the driver at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. It’s weird.

I have noticed if I walk the round with a hangover ther results are better - keep the blood and adreniline pumping. If i'm riding in a cart, stick a fork in me...

Punctuality :sad:

Never played with a hangover before but I'd imagine my scores would sky rocket but putting might be smoother.

Whenever I golf with a cold (aka the man flu) my swing is much smoother so perhaps I wouldn't have the same mentality.

Anything that needs steady nerves ... putting, literally standing over the ball (well depends how hung over I am) ... sometimes it's pretty much everything. Unless of course I start out with some alcohol to continue the night onto the golf course. Then I shoot the best round ever! HA! :act-up:

Back