Calling all Carolinians

Unfortunately I'm going to have to pass on Tobacco Road next week. The wife committed us to a birthday party forgetting that I was supposed to play. Wish I could be there, have heard great things about the course.

I am playing tomorrow at Stryker Golf Course on Ft. Bragg at 10:00 and have an open spot in the group if anyone is looking for a decent round of golf.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to pass on Tobacco Road next week. The wife committed us to a birthday party forgetting that I was supposed to play. Wish I could be there, have heard great things about the course.
Thanks for letting us know. Have fun at the party.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We are playing Tobacco Road next Sunday still spots open if you are interested

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have to prep for work trip for monday. not sure if can make that hike the day before to Sanford.

I'll see if i can manage, but either way i'll be keeping my ear to the ground as things get going.

I am playing tomorrow at Stryker Golf Course on Ft. Bragg at 10:00 and have an open spot in the group if anyone is looking for a decent round of golf.

I'd like to play that course with you soon. Wife committed us to house hunting tomorrow afternoon, so it's an early departure from Raleigh to return to Florence.

You free during the week at all? I could take off and head up your way for a quick round.

I'd like to play that course with you soon. Wife committed us to house hunting tomorrow afternoon, so it's an early departure from Raleigh to return to Florence.

You free during the week at all? I could take off and head up your way for a quick round.

I'm off next Friday and the Monday after that. 4 day weekend FTW.

Stryker is a decent cheap golf course. It's around $20 to walk 18 and during the week, they often have free carts. Ron played it last spring with me and told me if I didn't join there for the price I was an idiot. They spent hundreds of thousands on the course over the past year and hired a greenskeeper who cares finally, so it has improved tremendously this year. It a Donald Ross course, so it has the greens that we all love around here, although they have been slow lately which has taken a lot of the bit out of them. There isn't a ton of trouble on the course except for heavily treelined fairways, but it does play longer than it's rated yardage. I think it's 6400ish yards from the whites, but there are multiple Par 4's over 400 yards and a couple 600 yard Par 5's.

It's actually one of the easiest courses to walk around here because of the layout which is why I like it so much. It's not a championship quality course, but it's in pretty good shape and is very inexpensive.

Lets try for that Monday if you can, and the weather allows.

Not going to make TR. Enjoy fellas!!

Going to hit the CCU Hackler course on Thursday. Hoping to get there around 11ish or so. If anyone is available, let me know.

As of right now I have Rich,Marc,Myself and Will for Tobacco Road this sunday. Did I miss anyone? Does anyone else want to join us?

Wish I could. :D We'll still be in the air.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Wish I could. :D We'll still be in the air.

I can't do this weekend but the 23rd or 24th would probably work for me, as long as we're staying close to the triangle.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Cool!
I can't do this weekend but the 23rd or 24th would probably work for me, as long as we're staying close to the triangle.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

​Have fun guys!

Remember our discussion about greens replacement at dinner after Dormie? I was off by a decimal. $200k was spent on replacing our greens, not $20k. Slight error on my part ... lol

Went from a VW sized expense to a Bentley sized one. :D :bulgy-eyes:

Went from a VW sized expense to a Bentley sized one. :D :bulgy-eyes:

Would have been cheaper, but our golf pro (at the time) killed the back nine when the superintendent was on vacation (and specifically told the pro to leave the irrigation system as-is). Our new groundskeeper has done an awesome job though ... you'd never know we had any problems with our greens (whereas two years we were essentially putting on dirt on a couple of holes).

Awesome! Sounds like a little south of the border golf excursion is in order.
Would have been cheaper, but our golf pro (at the time) killed the back nine when the superintendent was on vacation (and specifically told the pro to leave the irrigation system as-is). Our new groundskeeper has done an awesome job though ... you'd never know we had any problems with our greens (whereas two years we were essentially putting on dirt on a couple of holes).

I've finally got a lesson scheduled today to try to figure out why I've went from hooking the ball to leaving the clubface wide open and even hitting shanks a bit.

I tried to hook a ball on purpose last week and couldn't, so there's something really bad going on.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Which format does everyone feel their game suits best - individual heads up or pairs/partners? If it's pairs, what format do you feel most comfortable with?

For me, I think my game matches up very well with a shamble. I drive the ball well, but sometimes get erratic with my irons. Having a strong iron player with me makes a pretty formidable team.

Back