Indoor Wedge fittings

BL

Reaction score
Handicap
Short game
I'm less worried about how far I hit full wedges on a launch monitor and more concerned about getting the proper bounce for greenside pitches and chips.

Do people feel they're confident about the specs they've gotten when the fitting has been indoors/off mats? I used to be a certified club fitter, but never felt great about fitting bounce and am a little lost here. All I know if my short game blows and I'm opting to blame my wedges.

Last edited:
i've done everything but wedges indoors and that's solely because wedges require touch/feel moreso than anything else for me. I need the turf interaction to decide on wedges/bounce/grinds.

Ive never had a wedge fitting but if i did i would want outdoors

i have had both.

the indoor fitting went down like this. "here is a wedge. hit it on trackman. but don't worry about the numbers because the ball will get up too quickly and trackman might not give you accurate information. just tell me if you like the way it looks and feels. if you do, go play a few rounds with it, and if you like it we'll order you one." that was at club champion, and was obviously not worth it.

the outdoor fitting was at a facility that only carried one brand. we hit a few different grinds with full swings for awhile, then moved over to test chips and pitches and make a decision from there. i had to ask to hit out of the bunker. the experience was ok, but much more enlightening than the indoor fitting.

I prefer to do everything outdoors or from a bay where I can see height.

Wedge fittings I would definitely want outdoors for the different shots I will use them for.

If i were doing a wedge fitting I would only want to be outdoors hitting to targets/greens to see actual results based on those conditions that were there but thats just me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If i were doing a wedge fitting I would only want to be outdoors hitting to targets/greens to see actual results based on those conditions that were there but thats just me.

Yeah. I only really care about 50 yards and in. That's where I'm really hemorrhaging strokes right now (as you saw)

Yeah. I only really care about 50 yards and in. That's where I'm really hemorrhaging strokes right now (as you saw)
This is actual footage of my wedge game day 2 inside of 100 yds....
555c8077deb1288a68803a580508dda4.gif

Wedges I would 100 percent do outdoors at a demo day vs indoor. Main reason I swapped to the CBX wedge. After comparing to some others it was just so nice to hit. Not sure if I would have felt or seen that in a hitting bay.

Back